Ozzie's Weekend Poll #19

by ozziepost 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Ozzie: I did all the above at one time or another, except numbers 6 & 7 ... and instead of Starbucks, there were Denny's Restaurants with lots of free refills on the coffee.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was one of those weird ones who actually enjoyed the sessions..............most of the time. I was hoping every talk would bring something new and interesting. The last time that happened was in 1971. The last convention we went to was in 1996, but we rarely attended sessions that year. We would sit in our seats for a talk, and then one by one, go out to our RV in the parking lot.

I took notes, but I rarely got sleepy. I had to keep nudging my husband to keep him from sleeping, because he snored.

My eldest son's late father in law could sleep with his eyes open. My son wanted him to teach him how to do that.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL@Mulan!!!

We have a brother here in New South Wales who can do that! D'ya think they could be related?

Ozzie (seeing the funny side class)

• nilfun
    nilfun

I drew pictures and prayed for heatstroke.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I quite often attended the conventions held at the stadium on the campus of Notra Dame College in South Bend, Indiana.

At lunch break I would go accross the street to the college cafeteria and have lunch with the Nuns. The food was much better and just as cheap. No Shasta Cola and 'Hockey Puck' Burritos there! The air-conditioning was great too!

Then I would usually take a stroll around campus and look at stuff, a nice shady walk with lots of trees etc. and also check on my car parked a long way from the assembly site so that I didn't have to pay Watchtower parking ( I was an Elder at the time)!

I always stayed at the best hotels in town (usually ones not on the approved list) which made the evenings much more enjoyable. Not so many JW's there.

I would like to see The Society try and arrange 8 day assemblies again, from 9 in the morning to 9 at night and see how many would attend these days! Not me, by-the-way!

Outaservice (for good)

• minimus
    minimus

walked around like a big shot elder.

• Xena
    Xena

Took notes....head slowly nodded down...eyes got droopy ......jerked up head...looked around to see if anyone noticed...took notes....nodded off again...jerked up head...lol you get the picture???

• c5
    c5

I guess Mulan and I were one of the few who truly tried to get something out of the conventions! I still have many of my notes and some of them are word for word from the talks.

Sure, a few times, especially in the later afternoon, the talks would get long. During those times, I would briefly observe the styles of clothes other sisters were wearing to see if I was in JW style. I usually ended up feeling sad because I could not afford a new dress for every day of the assembly like many of the other sisters could. Or I would try to find everyone in my congregation in the audience if they were not seated in the "assigned" section they encouraged us to sit in.

Edited by - c5 on 8 September 2002 15:49:57

• Larry
    Larry

18 - Went to the bathroom a lot.

When we went to Aquaduct Race Tract, I counted the horses and watched the water spinkers and birds. When we went to Yankee Stadium I watched the pigeons and grounds crew. Also, I took alots of notes, trying to get illustrations I could use in one of my talks.

13 - Voluntered for anything, mainly attendant.

Peace - LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit