Well isn't this a bunch of BS

by Doctor Who 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A very common scenario in JW congregations ......

People getting married too young ..... ending in divorce

People being pushed to get married when they have incompatible personalities and character ...... ending in divorce.

Marrying outside of the faith is admonished and discouraged, the reason why there so many single woman in the faith.

The JWS in general have an unusually high divorce rate for a religious institution.

• steve2
    steve2

Ah, memories of the petty-minded concerns of COs during their visits. Some caused way too many problems with their take on personal matters.

As the organization ages, the focus switches from living as though the end were imminent (single, without wives and/or children) to living in the longer term, putting down "roots", starting a family.

To think it was Rutherford who urged all "Children" (the title of one of his last books) to devote themselves to the warning work in the remaining "months" of this system 80-plus years ago. My how priorities change when the end doesn't come.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Is there a recording of that talk? It certainly sounds Internet-worthy! A prime example of a CO going rogue.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    All this mind numbing crap today coming from COs these guys are so delusional they give up the comforts of a nice home and some form of stability to promote the objectives of a delusional corporation run by delusional idiots far worse than himself. This kind of life with all its bull shit ideas running things got to make one cranky towards those not giving one's all to the corporation as they look at them with a sort of disgusted disdain but secret envy because their life is so unsatisfying while they keep telling themselves and others like a mantra over and over again how great it is to serve the corporation/Jehovah.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    This certainly sounds like new light to me. This CO sounds like a bit of a Hans Hubler. He was a DO for the south pacific region. This guy was a total prat and I'm surprised that the society put up with his antics for as long as they did. Put his name in the search bar above. There is plenty on this guy.
  • James Jack
    James Jack

Our CO is single.

I an Elder that he needs to get married because he has no clue how to treat a woman.

What he said to my wife, has stumbled her spiritually, she has only gone to 2 meetings since his visit in April!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I know this has been said before many times here but " What a different religion than it was in the past "

From Rutherford's day of him discouraging marriages to now JWS heads/CO's encouraging marriages.

Rutherford took his idea from the words of Jesus when he stated that his preaching disciples should leave their families to spend full time of preaching his Gospel.

In Rutherford's interpretation that meant people should spend full time (Pioneering) distributing his literature publications.

I'm not surprised of this CO making this statement being that are usually a lot of single females in JW congregations. Men really have their choice in a vast array of possible mates in various ages as well.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It's like the Mafia that movies are made about - You can never quit, we hold your family hostage!

Marina

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sadly many woman go without husbands because they couldn't or wouldn't marry some JWS they met at their Hall or Assembly.

Or they marry out of desperation not really happy with their marriage partner.

My sister being one those unfortunate woman.

Stupid brainwashing cult !

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Ok, I got the lowdown. In their congregation, they have 3 MS that are single. What the CO did is during their Servants meeting, he talked about the 'benefits' of having a faithful wife at your side. He stated how Adam was unhappy until he had Eve, and if your are serving Jehovah being single and unhappy you might need a helper (wife.) He even gave a wink, wink, nod, nod on other benefits of being married.

I just wonder if this is sanction from higher up, or if this CO is just pimping?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit