Well isn't this a bunch of BS

by Doctor Who 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Scully that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. It just doesn't make sense to me. I know there was a few rumors about me a few years ago because I told a very attractive (physically) that I wasn't attracted to her. She ended up married to a 'friend" of mine a year or so later and he now is separated from her. I just don't find 'spiritual' sisters attractive. Usually there is something wrong with them mentally.

But back to the topic, it sounds fishy to me. I know this CO. He is a loud mouth opinionated a$$hole. Every time he visits I hear the elders complain about him and what he is going to demand. I am just super curious about the truth in this. I think I might actually ask an elder friend later today.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Yeah, I think I'd ask somebody else. If it's true, it's a significant turnaround. Not long ago, they were singing the virtues of singleness.
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    I just text an Elder from my congregation. He said there is NO way that can be true, they must of misheard something. I told him if it is true, I am "pissed." "No one has the power or authority to say if I am spiritual if I am married or not." He told me to calm down.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

These CO's think they are God. So many of the Elders and MS's are terrified of him. Really? Is this CO quoting the publications? I remember plenty of publications that encourage Brothers to remain single. This is what happens when man makes up their own rules and regulations. BS!

Glad to hear you are stepping down. Run like hell!!!

• millie210
    millie210

And yet another way to be like the Mormons!

badda bing badda boom

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I know this CO. He is a loud mouth opinionated a$$hole.

That seems to be the trend with a lot of "remaining CO's" (those who have survived the latest purges among their ranks) especially the younger CO's who are all cocky and fanatically loyal to their Momma WT.

Loud mouthed and quite opinionated matches CO Scott Henry to a capital T. A chip of the old tree trunk, both his CO dad, now deceased, and he were quite the ar$eholes when dealing with those under them, but cow-towing and bum-kissers to those over them in the hierarchy.

• carla
    carla
    On the subject of flushing out the gays - I thought I remember some stories of men (possibly women as well?) who went to the elders about their sexuality and the elders said they should get married anyway(?). I can't imagine anyone going to the elders on this subject because word would be sure to get around! no?
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

One CO mentioned to us body of elders that we should try to encourage the young single brothers to marry because it makes it harder to leave the truth. Single brothers can walk away in an instant because they have no connections. But if a brother is married, then he has all kinds of connections that will hold him fast. Wife, in-laws, family, etc.

What’s funny is he never asked us to encourage the sisters to marry. He said they were good being single and dedicating themselves to the ministry for life.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

They are pushing got control

Baptism = control

Marriage = control

No devotion to anything outside of business should have to come with a contract. You should be free to worship or not worship who and what you want at any time, and to come and go in any relationship if you want.

They are changing two of their old tunes, child baptism and getting married. control control control manipulate manipulate manipulate. Institutionalize.

• millie210
    millie210

I think you have the idea John Aquila.

that would also work to even out the ratio of men to women if the men are tied by all the ties that bind and the left over women feel they are giving God their all.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit