Kelly-Kelly-Kelly-Kelly-Kelly-Kelly-Kelly...

by Mister Biggs 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Scully
    Scully

From the first time I saw Justin, all I could think about was this:

SEPARATED AT BIRTH??

You be the judge!!

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 5 September 2002 15:42:37

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Scully-

Good one! Here's another...

• teejay
    teejay

American Idol? I'm happy to report that I didn't watch a single minute of it.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I think Kelly will do pretty well--at least a couple of albums. Her career has a huge leg up because she's had an entire summer of PR before she ever releases anything. I think she's got a good voice, but don't know if she's got the stage presence for a long career. Maybe she'll learn that. The songs they sang (which I guess are going to be the songs on the first single) are pretty bad songs, especially the [something about This Moment] song.

RJ could hook up with a boy band and sell eight gazillion albums. And Christina Christian could end up a model/singer/actress.

I think Tamyra has the best chance for a long career. She was the total package. Tamyra made a bad choice of songs the week she got booted... not bad for her voice range, but bad for audience popularity.

Lisa, the pity-vote girl you're thinking of is Nikki. She may actually have a career in country, but she really overachieved to make it to the final three.

BTW, was the guy who won the UK version horrible or what?!?! His duet with Kelly was painful to watch.

Hmmm

• nita6368
    nita6368

I watched all the episodes ( don't know what that says about me or my tv viewing) but I thought it was a great show, always different not the same old , same old. I always said Justin reminded me of they guy on the simpsons too. Kelly clearly had a better voice. A guy I work with said that he heard that Justin wasn't exactly as new to showbiz as he let on , he said Samuel L Jackson was his uncle and that his dad had dated one of the Pointer Sisters. I am not 100 % certain on this but that is what I heard. Either way I loved the show.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Hey, Hmmm... The UK guy was AWFUL! What a lousy singer.

nita...I enjoyed all of the episodes I watched, too.

• Crystal
    Crystal

Justin reminds me of this;

Nikki got robbed!! She is clearly the most beautiful(very unique) and talented...she can make the most boring song into something spectacular.Kelly is not that great looking and she sounds like Mariah Carey...don't need another one.

• 4christ
    4christ

Kelly is the bomb! She has such an awesome voice. She does sound sort of like Mariah, but i think better. She has a bit of a Wynonna/Elvis thing going too.Justin is a class act. Nikki........the best singer in her local karaoke bar and thats about it. Her voice lacks range. She has a "look" to her, but i wouldnt call it original, more like...eighties Recycled Madonna. When she said she sounds just like Stevie Nicks , i about hurled. She is nowhere near as talented as the great Ms. Nicks. plus she used her kid to get the sympathy vote, tacky. Sorry, im sure she is a nice person, but i think she shouldnt have made the top 5, much less the top 3. IMO.

America made the right choice.......Kelly is the best!

peace to all! -Lauren ;)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Did everyone hear the latest about Kelly?

She beat out the beatles! Broke all records for song to top the charts in one week and sell the most albums (CD's) in i week.(The first week of release)

Think she will be able to hold on to it? Or will she crash and burn when the dust settles?

A lot of D.J's are expecting her to crash and burn.

She reminds me of Marie Osmond(osmand)whatever.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Sorry. I was looking for something different. Tamyra had the best voice. But they would have turned her into another Whitney. (Hopefully without the crack) Kelly sounds EXACTLY like Christina Aguilera (sp). And there's something "missing" in her personality. Justin does look different. And I think he has the personality to make it in Hollywood. If only he'd picked a great song! Most of them did sound like they were doing Karaoke. If I'd heard another Golden Oldies (Ain't No Mountain High Enough-My Cherie Amore-Under The Boardwalk), I would have puked.

Maybe next year....??

Edited by - Tatiana on 27 September 2002 17:18:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit