Kelly-Kelly-Kelly-Kelly-Kelly-Kelly-Kelly...

by Mister Biggs 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Well, the girl can downright sing! I'm happy she beat out Justin (even though he is from my locale). Personally, it should have come down to Kelly vs. Tamyra, but I digress.

Questions:

Will Kelly elevate to SUPER stardom (Whitney, Mariah, etc.) or will she go the way of one-hit wonders?

Do you think she is talented? Pretty? Does she have a good stage presence?

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Okay.......I admit it. I watched American Idol (my 9 year old kept calling it American Idaho?!).

YES......Kelly is very very talented! I was glad that she won and I was also glad that Justin took it so well. I was reading in the US magazine that winner or no winner, the top 5 will all walk away with something.

What really suprised me was just how "pretty" she became. Did you see the footage of her "all naturel"? Makes me wonder what a makeup and hair crew could do for me! LOL

As far as stardom...I don't know. She most definately has a gorgeous voice, but I guess time will tell if she has what it takes.

BTW.....what in the world was up w/Paula's dress? LOL......guess I have seen her make better choices in attire. For 40 that woman in GORGEOUS!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

When Tamyra was eliminated I was so upset. I loved her.

However, I am glad that Kelly won, even though Justin is so darn cute! That hair, that smile. Oh, God!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I watched it this week only, and wish I had watched it all the way through. Great talent there. I was so glad Kelly won. I was thinking if she hadn't that I wouldn't watch it again, because she was clearly the best talent.

That voice is incredible!! I think she will make it, definitely. Justin will go far too, because he has great stage presence.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I was happy Kelly won. I voted for her the last 5 weeks. I was supprised at the split. 42/58 WOW.

Yeh Justin is a cutie but Kelly had more talent.

I think they all got a car and don't know what else. I wouldn't be supprised if we see some of them on TV shows.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Too bad I couldn't vote because I'm in Canada. I watched it from the top 8 or so to now.

The first show I watched I thought Kelly was the best in every way possible. Every time Justin sang, I did some cleaning. He bored me to tears!!! [I loved one reviewer's comment who said, he dances like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz -- although I personally think he's closer to Dorothy then some girls realize)..

I thought Simon's comments over the run were hilarious and usually dead-on. Paula got on my nerves on occasion although I agree she looked marvelous!

Kelly definitely has the talent to be a star. Unfortunately, talent really isn't always a prerequisite, is it?

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Justin got a nose job...

Edited by - Mister Biggs on 5 September 2002 12:24:10

• LDH
    LDH

Ya think?

I didn't think so....

Yes Kelly has talent, and I much preferred RJ over Justin, who annoys the hell out of me. He's too "Hollywood"--Kelly is definitely a find. She is about as real as a 20 year old can get. Her friends are just as plain Jane as she was. No pretense there, LOL.

Does anyone remember when the show first started, the big fat black girl? I think she had a tongue ring, etc. She sang, and Simon asked her if she thought she was an "American Idol." She said no, and when he asked her why she said, "Because I'm too heavy." I really thought he was going to rip into her but instead he told her she had an amazing voice (she did) and she was selected.

I really wish she hadn't been cut.

Tamyra looked shock when she got cut before Kelly.....I can't believe anyone thought Kelly had a better voice than her. Frankly, I think Kelly has been getting the "pity vote" although I will say I LOVE her personal style.

Lisa

Edited to say, I didn't mean "Kelly" that got cut...the girl I think I was talking about is "kristi mcnibben" or something??? (tongue ring pink hair)

Edited by - LDH on 5 September 2002 15:32:31

• SYN
    SYN

Kelly is quite a looker! Not having had the opportunity to hear her, I'm not going to say anything about her musical talent tho!

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

i am so glad that kelly won. i've only seen two shows, the big band episode and last nights. kelly kicked ass on the big band show, i thought she was absolutely incredible. justin isn't a bad singer, he's just to squeaky clean, plasticy (if that's even a word), cheesy like velveeta. like a modern day tom jones. he sways back and forth with his legs spread like he's on a horse... ok, enough doggin on justin.

i think kelly is really talented, but i doubt she'll be more then a one hit wonder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit