Today's watchtower a special kind of rubbish

by freemindfade 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    i was blown away as well freemind! These assholes actually wrote that if sarah had been raped it would have been HER FAULT!!!!!!! Hey dumbasses!!!!!!! Pharoh was KING OF EGYPT!!!!!! She didnt have a choice!!!!!!!!!!!! For thor sake what the hell is wrong with these guys...... Do they have any sense at all anymore? That was so god aweful stupid and just plain wrong! Blaming the victim in the worst way
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I was squirming in my seat. I even leaned over to the wife and said why are they making this about Sarah? This was 100% Abraham, you know, he lied. Then she says to me, but she was his sister, i laughed and shook my head, yep SARAH was ABRAHAM'S half sister, that was true lol. Stupid religion. Still she missed my point. From the bible perspective Sarah is a pawn with no roll in the events. And satan (in the text) is non existent. To say the writing department is leaping to conclusions is a huge understatement.

The three people that seem to blame here from watchtower perspective:

Satan: Obviously he maneuvered all this even though nothing is said to this effect

Sarah: She was just along for the ride, again no mention that she was tempted to make pharaoh her sugar daddy

Pharaoh: He wanted get his freak on with this poor guys wife, oh wait, no he didn't want that at all

The innocent party:

Abraham: LIED to save his own ass by putting his wife in rapes way, she doing what go told her to do (listen to abraham) and pharoah completely oblivious. So the coward liar is the winner. *slow clap* for the WTBTS.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Looks to me like Abraham and Sarah were great scam artists. As they wandered around in the ‘wilderness’, for whatever stupid reason they did so, they would likely run low on provisions, so good old Abraham pons his half-sister/wife off, first on Pharoah and then on Abimelech who both want to take Sarah for a wife. Well, in steps jehober to the rescue and both Pharoah and Abimelech are threatened by jehober. Both realize that they have been scammed. They then ‘give’ the Abraham/Sarah scam team a mother lode of sheep, cattle, donkeys, camels, male and female slaves, and Abimelech even throws in 1,000 pieces of silver.

Moral of the story is; lying, deceit, scamming in the name of jehober pays off big time. Sort of like ‘theocratic warfare’ where anything goes. And, no wonder the Israelites were a bunch of nut cases. The ‘father and mother’ of the nation were in an incestuous relationship.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Well said
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

And lest we forget this jewel from the writing department: if sarah had banged pharoh it would have made her impure and unable to be the bearer of abrahams seed.... Just wow. So abraham can bamg all the servant girls he wants and hes fine to be the progenitor of the messiah bit of his wife bangs another guy it makes her impure and unqualified..... Please please dear god make these assholes think.

god

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The part about Satan being vicious because herod allegedly killed a bunch of babies, I was like having an anxiety attack, I swear it felt like the writing Dept, is giving those of us awake the finger. Like "hahaha YOU know this is total hypocrisy, but look at everyone around slurping it down without question!" Such BS
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Circular no #666. WTB$ writing dept. GB LESSON 101 : IF in doubt blame

1) a women

2) satan

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm starting to think the WTS is aiming for another (unofficial) record...

...for number of ways a Christian group has "gone beyond the things written".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit