Why would Jehovah and Jesus talk to Satan?

by hardtobeme 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Very good questions for a JW.

If they knew their doctrine, they may argue that he had to allow it to play out so that all could see that satan and Adam/Eve's desicion for independence didn't work.

BUT.... This is where my questions about satan may come in to play.,since leaving I have stated that it was all a farce, how could a god say it was fair to compare being a robot worshiper of him, to choosing independence, when he immediately made them imperfect, made the earth difficult to work, introduced disease, temptation, sin, evil etc etc etc THEN said, well let's see how you get on! Hardly answers the universal question of sovereignty, how would they have got on had he not tainted everything he had created!

I'm an atheist, so this is a matter of reasoning and logic in talking with believers, but for those still pondering, it's a good point, especially in conjunction with your very good questions.

• prologos
    prologos

"--led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil." so what now?

so he could later teach in the "our father prayer": "--do not lead us (by the spirit) into temptation--"

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Kaik. You are so right ... surely the jews know THEIR OWN BOOKS the satan IS considered an employee of God, (early on likely a lesser God as the old books are polytheistic and were redacted )
  • The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

The story of Job always bugged me. Being raised a JW it was always impressed on me the importance of Job's faith, but I always only saw Jehovah as failing his servant, allowing Satan of all demons be the one to "test," Job.

If Satan is such an adversary why would Jehovah make any kind of deal with him?!

The Bible is full of these kinds of suspensions in logic.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"Why would Jehovah and Jesus talk to Satan?"

Boredom?

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Jesus did not shun. That was a teaching that came after Jesus.
  • 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Had the same thoughts when I decided to read Crisis!. ...That, if Jesus listened to Stan the greatest apostate's arguments, trickery and was able to defend himself by using only the scriptures.... Shouldn't we too be able and ready to face apostates, since we are the most educated "truth" defenders, ones who would do greater works than Christ? Also to be "always ready to make a defense before EVERYONE that demands of you a reason for the hope in you." 1Pet 3:15.

So began my journey....And gladly, here I am!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    @average joe......ready to make a defense.....unlike löesh the governing body member, who wouldnt even show up to court to make a defense.
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Job chapters 1 and 2 says that Jehovah talked to him. Wasn't Jehovah supposed to shun his son and set an example to all parents?

The introduction to Job identifies the book as a parable or fable, a story meant to teach but not to be taken literally. The absurdity of God and Satan making a bet tells the audience this book is not a literal account of actual events, but instead is a moral teaching presented as a memorable tale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit