Why would Jehovah and Jesus talk to Satan?

by hardtobeme 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

If Satan is the greatest apostate there is, Why he was allowed to be in heaven? Job chapters 1 and 2 says that Jehovah talked to him. Wasn't Jehovah supposed to shun his son and set an example to all parents?

Matthew chapter 4 shows that Jesus talked to his brother.

So, Satan was allowed in heaven till 1914? Everyone in heaven were allowed to talk to him. Was that to test the angels? Or what was the reason behind that?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The WBT$ isn't interested in logic or scripture, only from the viewpoint of giving the GB and their suck ups a comfy life.

God, the Bible and faith has nothing to do with running the godless cult.

Personally, I don't believe in god but those that proclaim to do so and agree with shunning are liars.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    That's a very good point which I have not thought of before
  • galaxie
    galaxie
    Perhaps they were looking in the mirror at their alter egos !!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ancient mythology is good bullshit isn't ?

Organized religion is an assertive agreement to set of lies, which provoke human emotions and cultivate power and control. .

Study up on some the largest religions still active to day and you'll see what I'm taking about.

• BU2B
    BU2B
    Great point. If Jesus didnt even shun Satan the debbil who would he shun?? Food for thought, for those with 2 brain cells to rub together. Unfortunately that does not apply to 98% of those in the kingdumb hells.
  • steve2
    steve2

And why didn't Jehovah warn his firstborn, Adam, that an apostate (who would speak through a snake) would try to lead him and his lovely wife astray? Even the Watchtower repeatedly warns the rank and file about such dangers. Instead, poor Eve - who wouldn't know an apostate even if it slithered along the ground - was totally unprepared and sucked in big time. Her Heavenly Father simply failed her - then rather than recognize His failings as a parent and humbly apologizing, He harshly kicks her and hubby out of paradise to a doomed life...with no prospect of reinstatement!

By contrast, how loving of the GB to repeatedly warn congregations to be wary of apostate snakes..and - best of all - even if in a rare moment of sound thinking, you succumb to apostate thinking, upon dutiful displays of paraded repentance at the back of the kingdom hall, you' ll be reinstated. Eve never had it so good.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Too right Steve2. Talking snake my arse. Btw doesnt even mention satan, no concept of him till later collation/redaction of bible in babylon...in line with their myths.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i always wondered why Jesus would go with Satan so he could tempt him

Matthew 4

1.Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

5.Then the Devil took Him to the holy city, had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple,and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: He will give His angels orders concerning you, and they will support you with their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."

Again, the Devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

9And he said to Him, "I will give You all these things if You will fall down and worship me.

hmm now how did Jesus see 'all the kingdoms of the world?' because he did not.

why would he be led by Satan?

[ i dont believe it as it is written to be true, its is a story, for there is no purpose or logic to that whole event in my mind]

since when did Satan own all the kingdoms of the world where did he earn that right.not what the scriptures say.

anyway, its like deliberately going along with your brother knowing hes an a@#Hole and letting him jerk around with you and argue. to prove what pray tell.

• kaik
    kaik
    This is one the most ridiculous part in the New Testament. Considering the nonsense Jesus and Satan go on hike together, Satan tempting Jesus, etc. From Judaism point of view, this does not make a sense, since Satan is not antagonist of God, but someone who is employed by Him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit