my story

by little witch 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• little witch
    little witch

Hi everybody.

This is my first post. I have been reading the forums for some time, but have not posted til now, as it brings painful memories.

My experience with the JW's began in 1967, when my mother was killed in a car crash, and my father married a JW six months later. We were a ''blended family''. For privacy reasons, I will call her ''Stepmonster". She had two girls, my Dad had three kids. Together they had a child.

My Dad was a Baptist, but had stopped going to church, and was an alcoholic. We lived in a very small Midwest town, with one Kingdom Hall, which was an old farmhouse. This was in the sixties. I was three years old when we were first taken there. Every Sunday. My memories are of sitting through the long meetings, and afterwards, being taken to the car and slapped in the face for some terrible wrong I had committed. It always came with the comment, ''You Little Witch''!

Stepmonsters kids never committed violations, but my sister and brother and I sure did. As time went on, things got worse, the beatings came, violations or no. At one point, I decided that I would get beaten, regardless of my behavior,so I really began acting out.

It would be many years before I could sleep soundly at night, as we were taught that demons inhabited our house. I had nightmares most every night. I was forbidden to have any contact with my Dad's side of the family, because they were ''worldly''.

The Kingdom Hall was attended by mostly poor, uneducated families, and was a very strict congregation. Our town was small, and everybody knew everybody elses business. My siblings and I were reported constantly to the elders for various reasons. Stepmonster rareley went out on service, drank at the american legion on weekends, and had periods of inactivity. She was never bothered by the elders, and if she was confronted, blamed it all on my father, and us kids.

At the age of 17, I had had all I could take and moved out. I never looked back. After the last of the kids moved out, stepmonster divorced my father, and married a JW. Looks like her weekend visits to the American Legion are over!

The family unit is totally gone. Her daughters go to the ''memorial'' once in a while, which is just enough to keep them on good terms with the hall. They're mother has little to do with them, and nothing to do with us. She called out of the blue last year, probobly to try to preach to me, but faded away when I mentioned we are Baptist.

She is a very manipulative woman, and most people who know her think she is of good character, if they only knew...

Most of the young people left the congregation as soon as they could, and I am happy for them. I know of one girl who stayed, and even though she wanted a family of her own very badly, has decided to delay having kids untill the ''new system''. She is now in her forties, and is a pioneer.

Another family became missionaries, and their son nearly died of malaria. They have not returned to the states.

My sister has had an on again, off again relationship with the JW over the years. But now is free and out for good. I am glad.

Well, thats my story, thanks for listening.

• ugg
    ugg

thank you so much for posting little witch....it is nice to meet you!!!
    you will find alot of nice people here,,,with varying degree's of
    scars from the society,,, stick around and join in chat,,,you will
    enjoy it...we are glad you are here...

• Sirona
    Sirona

Welcome Little Witch,

Thankyou for posting your story. I am sure you will find many of like mind - those who have experienced similar things to you.

Love

Sirona

PS. I like you name....being pagan it is close to home. Blessed be.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Wow. You've been through a lot of hell. Your story is one of many that shows that being a JW is a lot about "keeping up appearances". (Like you said, "if only they knew...".)

It's good that you've put those awful experiences behind you, and hopefully have found something completely different and happy.

Welcome to the board, little witch no more! (and never really were)

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

- - - WELCOME - - -

Welcome to the board L.W. Thanks for your story....it's interesting how every story is different, yet there are similarities. I hope you stay a while and give us your input on whatever strikes your fancy (no, I'm not 80 years old, I just like old time phrases).

• Nikita
    Nikita

Welcome to the board! Thanks for sharing your story. I was so saddened to hear about your past with your "stepmonster."

Hugs to you!!

Nikita

Here's my story:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35468&site=3

• SYN
    SYN

Welcome to our little website! Things are very quiet around here usually, with maybe a few posts every day or so...

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome, little witch!

I'm sorry about your awful childhood, and am sorry that you chose to define yourself here as your stepmonster defined you so many years ago. Normally, I wouldn't be so blunt, but somehow it strikes me as her yet having a say over how you perceive yourself. I hope you haven't bought into her categorization (despite Sirona's affinity for the pagan ).

Hugs,

outnfree

• little witch
    little witch

Thanks for the welcome everybody. I should have included the story behind my handle. You see, when I was 16, and still being forced to go to the required meetings, I went to the local library and checked out a book about witchcraft. I took it to school and hid it in my locker.....My plan in place, I sat back to wait for the library to send an ''OVERDUE NOTICE''.

My stepmonster kept tight control over the mail. And she was completly terrified of the supernatural, demons, the devil, witches, that sort of thing..

A few weeks later, I found the OVERDUE NOTICE laying on the table. Not a word was mentioned. But I never had to attend another Jw meeting again!!!! HEE HEE HEE

So, I use the name, little witch as an empowerment. You see? I used her own words against her!

• Been there
    Been there

Welcome to the board ((((((((lil widget)))))))))

Sorry just can't call you the other one, you deserve better.

Stay for a spell (no pun intended) and do alittle healing.

KY Been

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit