Why is the Governing Body pushing the very young(5-12 year old) into getting baptized into subservience to the Corporation?

by Brokeback Watchtower 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Control, control, control!!!

How about following on JC's steps and waiting until full maturity has been reached? Oh no, that would be too much to ask.

SL

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

I always hated seeing kids get baptized, even when I was one of the mindless followers of the WTS. I took the rationale that they always said, "Getting baptized is the most important decision you'll ever make." So if that's the most important, what would be a close second? Getting married, but to get married, typically you have to be 18 (barring parental signatures) but for the sake of example, 18. So if you're not old enough to make/comprehend making the second most important decision of your life, how could you be ready to make the "biggest decision" of your life as a kid, pre-teen, or through most of your teenage years? It made no sense to me when I'd see a 7 year old getting baptized.

By comparison, Jesus didn't even take the plunge until his 30s, was he "avoiding responsibility for his actions?" as they so often love to point out in parts about getting baptized at a younger age.

But, I guess even when I was R&F of the WTS, I showed a penchant for logical questioning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit