POSTING HERE

by Bhagavad 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Bhagavad
    Bhagavad

If you did not still have some kind of umbilical connection to Jehovah's Witnesses, you would not have to keep posting here.

I hope you all appreciate my opinion of you, as well as of Simon. There's lots of the world to be experienced OUT of this freaking site.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, you are correct ...

However, because of the hold that the WTS has on people, friends and families many people need to be able to communicate with others that can really understand what they are going through. Many, like myself, find it easier to get on with peolpe who understand and can appreciate why we are the way we are.

There is also the small matter of new people who are leaving the WTS and want information and to be able to ask questions.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Bhagavad, meeting up with some of the people from this site "OUT of this freaking site" in the real world was one of the most amazing experiences I've had recently.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

If you did not still have some kind of umbilical connection to Jehovah's Witnesses, you would not have to keep posting here.

Bhagavad,

What point are you trying to make?

Edited by - Dismembered on 25 August 2002 7:16:50

• Prisca
    Prisca

True, but I still have family who are JWs, and for as long as they are still in, I will never be able to untie that umbilical cord

I've often wondered why I shouldn't leave, and the main reason I stay is this: there are jws in Australia that are wondering what to do, and where to go if they leave, and you need to have someone you can talk face to face with, or at least speak to on the phone in real time. Ex-jws in Australia aren't a real organised bunch, just little sub-groups here and there. So the more ex-jws there are to help, the better!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Bhagavad,

Yes there is a LOT of world outside this one website, no question!

Are you implying that anyone who regularly comes to this site doesn't have an outside life? If so, you'd better get a reality check yourself!

Do you know that some of the posters here have not been JW's for 20, 30 or more years? They have no connection, umbilical or other, with that Organization. But they do enjoy the company out here, and some lead the fight against Watchtower ideology.

This place is a great online home for such old-timers, as well as newbies seeking out information and support.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Bhagavad, why not tell us what you do besides visiting this site? If you want me to spin your head as to what I do, I'll email you the info.

Guest 77

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Yeaper's, I'm one of those who have been "out" of the Jw for 32 years. Thank goodness. Had it not been for an extremely neurotic and suicidal minded sibling that mentioned her own questioning about that filthy religion, I'd probably never bothered with any of these type forums. Since then I've learned about the United Nations hoopla and now this pedophile sickness.

Think what you will. Perhaps you've heard the old saying about "opinions."

A happy Granny because "the truth shall set you free."

• Xena
    Xena

Well lets see....I was a JW for over 20 years of my life, during my more "impressionable" years.

Both my sisters are still JW's as well as their husbands and my niece and nephew.

My husband is an ex JW, he was a third generation JW.

It is kind of hard to cut it totally out of your life when did and still does influnce indirectly and directly the person you are and the people you interact with.

I come here to get support from people who understand where I am coming from and where I have been. I personally don't understand why some people can't seem to *get* that and seem to take issue with it. Does our being here in some way offend you??? Does it personally hurt YOU??? If not then why do you care so much one way or another what we do here?

Hate to break it to you but ALL of us have REAL lives and we consider this a part of them. I have met people in person, and met them in chat and met them in personal one on one chat...I consider some of them very much a part of my REAL life because they have influnced my REAL life.

Xena of the I wish some people would get their own freaking lives and quit worrying so much about other peoples class!

• dsgal
    dsgal

I cut my umbilical cord about seven months ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit