For once and for all

by Pistoff 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

For the latest apologists for the GB and the lawyers that rank and file are paying for:

The WT has NOT changed their policy.

They still have a 2 witness policy about child sexual abuse, and think it's a good idea.

They will still appoint someone who has sexually abused a child, if they want to.

They say that they won't allow an abuser to go door to door without supervision, but this means nothing, as they protect the identity of abusers; they refuse to tell all elders and MS's who they are, witness Mr. Kendricks.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This organization cannot be fixed the only hope for victims past, present and future is for this organization to be stopped.

IMO Minor children should NOT be going in field service at all.

• StrongHaiku
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    The fact that ex-JWs and the "world" seems more concerned about protecting children than the GB and R&F says it all. I see no uproar from JWs, no picketing, no call for change, nothing. I give up. If you are a JW, stay inside the organization. Have a fun happy time.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

Right sparrowdown; hell, no one should answer their doors when the witnesses come knocking, if they have children in the home.

No one should take their children to the hall; if they do, they have to follow the rule of never letting them out of their site, and not allowing 'family friends' to 'take care' of their minor children.

(How's that for a warm safe atmosphere??)

The most aggravating and horrifying aspect of this is that Bethel/headquarters maintains the holier than the rest attitude about this specific issue; they still demonize the Catholics for allowing priests to continue abusing children, they still state that they view child sexual abuse as abhorrent.

They are hypocrites, plain and simple; they care more for their reputation and the reputation of the congregations than they do the safety of children.

As horrifying as child abusers are, their behavior is pathological; what is the excuse of a manager at Bethel who looks the other way when he knows that policy kept in place by watchtower leadership will ensure that sooner or later more children will be abused by pedophiles that they refuse to expose?

What kind of a person is that? Is he actually worse than the abuser?

There is no excuse for this behavior; they are crass, craven, misogynistic, lying, manipulating uneducated middle managers who have gotten promoted through their ability to say yes and by tolerating and ignoring things that conscience driven leaders would've exposed long ago.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Agree, Haiku; the heads are firmly in the sand.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

When my sister nagged me to read about the WTs lovely arrangement in the case of child rapists and molesters.........It took seconds, only seconds, for me to show her how they had slimed their way around the problem here in Australia.

What they said is this......a paraphrase of it anyway........" .....those who are accompanying a child while on the preaching work...........must have a Working With Children Card wherever it is the law in that state!!!

I showed her this line, I pointed out to her that they had made no concessions. Infact, wherever they could avoid getting such a card, whether it be South Australia or Western Australia. The only time they would actively comply with a back ground check......would be if it was a specific law, a specific requirement was in place under law.

This proved to me how cunningly the WT used it's emphasis, where it liked to "appear" to be doing the right thing.
    The fact is, at the time, it was not mandatory for adults to obtain any sort of card or be checked out in every state of this country. I do know it is in the West now.

The society was saying nothing. And they were saying this nothing in such a calculated way in order to "appear" well advanced in their protection of children.

It was just bullshit wording that basically said...." we the GB are ambivalent to the point of cruelty where kids are concerned" And they shovelled this shit up, knowing full well that most of the congregant's would gobble it up.

In showing her the actual sentence, she lost the plot with me. She was stuttering in a rage at what she thought was my.........."desire to bring reproach on Gods Organization"

I sincerely hope this heats up and up and up, until it is impossible for anyone to slide out of their actions by means of the new priest hood that is now used by the society.

They are/were seeking witnesses with legal back grounds and degree's in my part of the world

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

The practices of the JWs are appalling once you're on the outside looking in.

Add in the other end of the two witness policy, no such policy needed to indict those accused of sexual immorality with a member of the opposite sex. An elder catches wind from just one person that you've dibble dabbled in someone's honeypot and you're in front of a judicial committee faster than you can do your best Bill Clinton, "I did not have sexual relations with that wom..." ... "You're disfellowshipped!"

Abuse your spouse, better have two witnesses, diddle a kid, two witnesses, take up smoking, two witnesses, on and on...

Its absurd.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    Why is any parent not with their child in the ministry anyways? That seems bizarre. You are out with your parent, or you aren't out. End of it.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "This organization cannot be fixed..."

The WTS is, at its core, an authoritarian high-control group. Every negative aspect of the org stems from this fundamental defining characteristic, both cause and effect.

The only way for it's problems to truly be fixed is for it to stop being an authoritarian high-control group.

And that ain't happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit