Eggs

by larc 58 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Life here in our community has been tough lately, so I thought I would put up some fluff. My question to you is: what is your favorite way to eat eggs? Now, my preference is hard boiled eggs in a salad, an egg salid sandwich, and the royalty of all egg meals - Eggs Benedict. So, do you agree or disagree? Do you have other favorites? Can we turn this into a flame war? Can we use vulgar language when it comes to eggs. Your thoughts are welcome, unless I don't like them.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Larc, I like eggs just about any way they can be fixed. Boiled, poached, scrambled, whatever. My favorite, though, is a sunny side up fried eggs, with grits and bacon.

I often scramble a couple in the microwave in custard cups and have them on toast on weekends when I make my breakfast.

Only problem is, if I eat too many eggs, those around me become fairly uncomfortable.

Lew W

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

scrambeled or hard boiled (no yoke please)

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Dakota How do you scramble eggs in the microwave

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I like them anyway but RAW...or so runny you can still see th uncooked whites. YUK

I usually order them over easy IF I know the cook. Otherwise over med. Hash browns with them is a MUST!

I also like eggs over med on a pancake(buttermilk ofcourse)

Omlets I love spinich omlets

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Real easy, Scarlet. I line the custard cup with a small amount of butter, margarine or spread, whichever you have. Place the egg in it, out of the shell, naturally. Put a dash of salt on it and a touch of tobasco sauce and about a teaspoon of milk. Stir it well and place in the microwave for about a minute to a minute and a half. Of course, times vary from microwave to microwave, but when done, take it out of the cup and I usually put it on a piece of toast.

Lew W

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

OH YEH>. I forgot. Cooking eggs in the micro makes the perfect egg sandwich

• onacruse
    onacruse

Larc, you self-serving opportunistic Bohemian! You have obviously started this pathetic topic in an attempt to retain your dubious stature as the most active poster of all time on this board. Haven't you got a thread of self-respect? Will you stoop to anything? You betray your ignorance of the Freudian interpretations both of eating, and of eggs! You are an idiot. May you rot in hell and maggots eat your eyeballs. I suggest that Simon delete your account and all the posts you have ever made. May any remembrance of you vanish from this planet. I wretch at the mere mention of your name.

BTW, how are you doing today?

Edited by - onacruse on 17 August 2002 1:05:41 for content

Edited by - onacruse on 17 August 2002 2:21:13 for language

Edited by - onacruse on 17 August 2002 3:35:45 after consultation with Farkel

Edited by - onacruse on 17 August 2002 4:51:17 for more bad content

Edited by - onacruse on 17 August 2002 5:05:56 after e-mail from JanH

Edited by - onacruse on 17 August 2002 6:26:49 to add deleted expletives

Edited by - onacruse on 17 August 2002 7:37:49 just for spite

Edited by - onacruse on 17 August 2002 1:56:53 to make politically correct

Edited by - onacruse on 17 August 2002 2:21:39

• Scully
    Scully

My favorite is a nice omelette with sauteed mushrooms, zucchini and tomato, with shredded cheese sprinkled on top. That's usually reserved for relaxed weekends, unfortunately.

Usually I make scrambled eggs. Sometimes with diced ham and/or mushrooms. Sometimes with cheese sprinkled on top. It's all good.

Hubby likes them over-easy, with bacon, toasted white bread and sliced tomatoes.

Sometimes when we've had a stressful day, I'll make 'breakfast' for supper. Eggs, toast, bacon or sausage, OJ, coffee. It's a way to "start the day over" mentally for us.

Love, Scully

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Scully, and here I thought I was the only one who occasionally cooks breakfast for supper.

Lew W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit