WT Says Jehovah a mistake

by garybuss 59 Replies latest jw friends

• berten
    berten

Why not use some alternative pronunciations ?
    I vote for :
    JeHoVer - the trailing H is lacking,but who cares?
    JaHeever
    J edgar HooVer

Add your favourite...

• garybuss
    garybuss

YouKnow wrote:

Garybuss. I was wondering if you saw my answer to your question "What's the deal"? / You Know

Yes I saw it. Thank you!

gb

• Satanus
    Satanus

Whole wheat keeps the breathiness of the original.

SS

• You Know
    You Know

saint the devil says:

Youknow, reciting the wt babble, strikes out again.

Actually, I wasn't reciting anything I have ever read in the Watchtower. Ironically, as reality would have it, YOU were the one citing mere Catholic babble. You hypocrite. / You Know

Edited by - You Know on 17 August 2002 15:29:3

• Satanus
    Satanus

YK

Using the way jewish bible names are pronounced as a way of justifying the wrongly pronouncing of the hebrew gods name comes from the wt. You were reciting their theory, a weak justification. The wt has repeatedly stated it doesn't know the exact way to pronounce it. It even admits yahweh is closer, yet insists on jehovah. Their perverse thinking, their hypocracy, to which you still adhere, is well illustrated in the following quote.

*** w53 9/1 532 "Walk in the Name of Jehovah Our God for Ever" *** 13 If in the RevisedStandardVersion they had chosen to use the form of the name "Yahweh" instead of "Jehovah", there would have been no room for criticism. We ourselves think the form "Yahweh" is nearer the true pronunciation. But as no one today knows the exact pronunciation due to an ancient false reverence in not pronouncing the holy name, we keep on using the form "Jehovah" for present purposes, until the divine Owner of the name himself reveals its correct pronunciation, be that by resurrecting the prophet Moses to whom he himself p ronounced the name or otherwise. So the basis for our criticism of the RevisedStandardVersion is, not the disuse of the form "Jehovah", but the omission of Gods name in any form whatever at all the 6,823 times where it occurs in the Hebrew text and instead the using of a confusing and undistinctive title, namely, "the LORD."

All this dispite that fact that god never preserved one greek bible nt manuscript with his full name in it. Halleluljah doesn't count. It shows that rutherford once again made a big issue out of nothing. Nt believers were at first in 'the way' then 'christian'. You're still old law covenant jewish mongrel in your religion.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 17 August 2002 15:54:21

• Satanus
    Satanus

YK

Nice dodge from addressing the information by calling me a hypocrite. You're smooth.

SS

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

So what's new?According to the WT,Byington translated the bible.Since the Watchtower bible and Tract Society are known liers.....they misquote,plus mislead millions why should I trust the Watchtower now?According to their own prophecies and their prophets,whomever they are,they are still misleading millions.And I still,"Quote,"them as liers.Nothing has changed,so neither shall I.

I've read Steven Byington.It's living english is rather good.So is the KJV that the WT print and won't tell you about it unless you know.Since I require myself to keep a strong displine on myself on the Watchtower,I say the same as the bible,"Satan has been a lier from the beginning."So is the Watchtower.

• You Know
    You Know

SAINT the Devil

Using the way jewish bible names are pronounced as a way of justifying the wrongly pronouncing of the hebrew gods name comes from the wt. You were reciting their theory, a weak justification.

So, some 30 centuries removed from the era of the writing of the OT you imagine that you know better how to pronounce God's name than the Hebrews who lived and wrote the Bible and who named their children after their God? Truely you must be positively glutted with your own hubris to have such an inflated opinion.

The wt has repeatedly stated it doesn't know the exact way to pronounce it. It even admits yahweh is closer, yet insists on jehovah. Their perverse thinking, their hypocracy, to which you still adhere, is well illustrated in the following quote.

It has been my experience dealing with apostate Dubs, over the last half decade, that you will say anything to pervert the truth---even if it means dredging up 50-year old Watchtower quotes. The truth, in this instance, is that you cited a Watchtower nearly half a century old in a desperate attempt to prove your point. The fact is, though, the Watchtower no longer teaches that Yahweh is an accurate pronunciation. And as I have shown using commonly accepted Hebrew proper names, neither did the Hebrews accept the two-sylabelled 'Yahweh." As Christ would say: "You are much mistaken."

/ You Know

• Will Power
    Will Power

Dont' forget Strong's Concordance definition for

Je'hovah

word 1943 = mischief

as in "god of...

well there has certainly been quite a bit of "Loki" like mischief, coming out of the tower of power over the last 100 years.

Fitting name, I think you deserve it!

will

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Je'ho-vah: the invented deity of a nineteenth century religious cult. The characteristics of this quirky imagined god are, cruelty, impatience, arrogance and inconsistency. The impotence of this god is unsurpassed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit