Single Sisters

by BashfulAshG 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• BashfulAshG
    BashfulAshG

Am I the only one who has single, DESPERATE sisters in the congregation? They tend to be holier-than-thou, frumpty, but in private talk about getting married. But they don't understand why no brother will look at them. Most men aren't attracted to homely, know it all "saints." These sisters drive me nuts. They have nothing going for them. Nothing.

Just needed to rant.

• sir82
    sir82

I take it one of them turned you down for a date?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

All Congregations have the desperate single sisters. Funny thing to me is the ones I remember from my Cong when I was growing up, we are now in the 50-60 age range. THe ones that got married early 19-21, some are divorced, some married again, just a few are still married to their mates. But the ones who are still single, I wonder if they're still saying "I"m wating for the new system to find my husband", A man is a man new system are not, nobody would marry these old frumps in a paradise setting anyway.

• steve2
    steve2

I guess calling a member of the opposite sex, "Sister" could be a turn-off sight unseen.

Imagine one of these "frumpy" women dressed as a hot mama driving you crazy, whipping your chained body into a frenzy, fever pitched and yearning to the max. Work for you? Nah, me neither. Sorry, can't help.

• ThunderStruck52
    ThunderStruck52
    Yes for sure, I think every congregation has at least one, if not several. The congo I grew up in, is no exception. There are a handful who are still there, unmarried and "waiting" for Jehovah to answer their prayers to find someone that meets their ridiculous standards. And not to be a jerk, but the years have not been kind to them. Matronly dressers who put very little effort into their appearance. The ones that I know, are also quite immature and stunted due to being socially isolated all their lives. Sad.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Single sisters with ankle length skirts, flats and no make up = holier than thous looking for an Elder husband.

Sisters with knee length skirts, high heels and make up = need to be a little more "spiritual."

You CAN NEVER WIN IN THIS CULT. "Your skirts are too long, your make up too heavy, your nails too red, you top is too tight or too low." For Gods sake you can't do ANYTHING right! You can never do enough.

We feel like a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders since leaving. NEVER BEEN HAPPIER WITHOUT ALL THE JUDGEMENT! Gee...I wonder why no one is getting baptized, reaching out or donating.

HYPOCRITES!!!

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Beyonce sang: "If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it"

However, can't see anyone liking or putting a ring on any of the single sisters in my cong anytime soon!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    ToesUp

Sisters with knee length skirts, high heels and make up = need to be a little more "spiritual."

I guess I was in the None-spiritual - weak - congregation because most of the young sisters wore black pencil tight skirts and bubble dresses 3 or 4 inches above the knees.

Now that I do miss.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Funnily enough, anytime I wear one of my old Kingdom Hall outfits to church on Sunday, I feel like I'm making a big show of myself. I was one of those pencil skirt, heel wearing sisters, and it was definitely normal where I was. There are plenty of young pretty women in my church, who wear attractive clothes and makeup, but there isn't the same women as objects mentality. What did a witness girl have, except for her appearance?? You were going to find the best husband you could by playing up your appearance as much as possible, because a good brother to marry was SO rare, and marriage was the only way you could ever 'move up' in that org. I didn't marry for stature, but for love. But even after I had lots of kids I made myself wear heels and dressed sexy for conventions cuz I wanted the attention of my husband and didn't want to feel bad compared to other sisters strutting their stuff there. So superficial, I know! But i couldn't help it. So now in my church, women can wear pants and dress sexier (no hemline rules) and whatever, but nobody, ever, walks down the aisle strutting around the way sisters in the KH used to. It's a whole different mentality and I can't really explain it.
  • purrpurr
    purrpurr

Nobodies said this yet so I just have to....

"All the single ladies! All the single ladies! Ah uh oh o ah o! Ah uh oh o ah o!

😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit