My Disfellowshipping

by silentlambs 87 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

Bill. Your the MAN.

You really showed them what TRUE Christianity is, standing up for the wronged.

No more secrecy, the curtain rent from top to bottom.

My love.

My respect.

My awe.

My support.

to you and ALL at silentlambs.

searcher.

• Mary
    Mary

Blondie said: "...The September 15, 2002 WT article, "Keep Practicing the Things You Have Learned,"

Gee, I guess that would explain why all the pedophiles like going to the meetings..........

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Like Bobsgirl I too have waited many years for someone - anyone - to say the cover-up was wrong.

Thank you Bill and family and all those others, named and nameless, who have helped you to stand up for the victims and say "Enough"

Bill Your work in this regard has stirred many memories in me (as well as many others). It has offered me healing in a way I never expected. Your work has opened a window in my heart that I didn't even know was closed

Thank you for this gift of healing and recovery

Lee Marsh

• ITguy
    ITguy

Just to clarify, DFing announcements are not always made during the "announcement" part of the meeting. If an Elder who was on a committee has a part on the meeting, he may make the announcement at that time, or if it's an announcement that may be upsetting, I've seen it wait until the end of the meeting. No rules on that.

I do have to say, that you got guts, making the announcement yourself. You made your own terms.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Geez Bill, all I can say is *wow*.

What you did took balls of steel and a heart of gold.

You left on your own terms, and no matter what slander may come to your name, you know you did the right thing, we know you did the right thing, the voiceless victims know you did the right thing, and if some deity exist he knows you did the right thing as well. Hell, a Kingdom Hall is one of the last places I would volunteer to go, but I would have payed money to see you there last night . This will not be forgotten by JW's, but unfortuneately I'm sure some unflattering embellishments will ensue. Once again, I appreciate your courage, and thanks for standing up for the "silentlambs".

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Then the meeting started, I had my song book so I sung nice and loud. All those around me were trying to drown me out, so they were screaming at the top of their lungs.

LMAO!ROTF!!

If nothing else at least you got the congergation to finally SING! HAhahahahahahaha. Something I personally have never heard in 40+years. HAhahahahahahahahahahaha

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Brother Bill,

Outstanding, simply outstanding. Your picture is next to the definition of "courage of convictions" in my dictionary.

Next problem, Bro Bill may have started a "trend". This is going to be like the movie scene in which one soldier steps forward, and the rest of the company steps forward with him. I forsee many "candidates" for disfellowshiping "hijacking" the meeting, taking the high ground, a tactic that will surely upset the elders and cause many observers to look inward.

Bill, I consider you a great American and WORLD CITIZEN. God bless you and your family in this ritgheous and holy cause.

Hillbilly

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I make the announcement.
    I hope this starts a new standard for anyone df over abuse, we tell them we are disfellowshipped and why.
  • Southland
    Southland

Did anyone else think it was strange there were only 40 in attendance at the meeting? Sounds really small to me!

Great job, Bill!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

((((((((((((((((((((Bill and Shelia)))))))))))))))))

Thank you both for standing up for all the SilentLambs. My son included.

I am so glad you were at least able to say what you wanted to say. If there were any honest hearted people there, they will take what you said to heart.

BTW, did I see the number correctly? Is the KH phone# there, 502-527-8105?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit