Last Days Reconsidered?

by comforter 32 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

Anybuddy in this place still believe we living in last days? The signs of the times look clear. Child kidnappings, serial killers, wars, suicide and homicide bombers and more problems than you shake stick at. Do you still believe it the last days? The bible also say that people would say it aint the last days in the last days. Comforter believe the end is close.

Comfy

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

comforter, would you mind having your picture changed to a darth maul image and say 'puddy love' alot?

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Me think Comfy have BIG obseshun with kidnapstings! Perhaps he iz a kinnapster hiz own sef and perhaps he wuz kidnapt by aleens? Let's see...end of timz? Is that time plus timez plus time and a half for overtimz? If to Jehoover a day is like a thousand yearz, then hey...itz bin only TWO DAYZ since he sent his SaverDude to us....you think God only goin giv us TWO DAYZ to get our ACKT together here and then BLOOOOEY? I thinkz not.

CNN and INTERNET duz not an INCREASE in crime, wars and nachurl dizaster makz.

• JanH
    JanH

Comfy,

Anybuddy in this place still believe we living in last days? The signs of the times look clear.

What signs specifically? And why should events be a sign of the "last days"?

Child kidnappings, serial killers, wars, suicide and homicide bombers and more problems than you shake stick at.

These are serious problems, sure, but they do pale into insignificance compared to for example the Black Death, which may have wiped out 1/3rd of the world population.

People who think our times are particularly bad are very ignorant about human history.

Do you still believe it the last days? The bible also say that people would say it aint the last days in the last days. Comforter believe the end is close.

The Bible does say that "scoffers" would say that the time when the New Testament was written was not the last days, true. The NT was very explicit that the people living then experienced the "last days". And guess what? Here we are, almost 2000 years later, and believers still use these same old verses against those who have been correct the whole time.

What you have to do, is to establish

1. That certain events should constitute a specific "sign"
    2. That this "sign" is present today
    3. That this "sign" has not been present in earlier times.

And of course you cannot do that. I suspect you will not even try.

- Jan

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Lucy, thinks the end is coming for the WT and morons like comforter.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Me CRAZY get all mad when me Hear bad people do bad things! Hard to do Burger King job and clean floor with all da bad things. Me CRAZY want all bad people to go away! Go away Go away! Me CRAZY hungry but dont get break for 1 hour..........

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

NO.

• JanH
    JanH

I think it is sad that even on a topic which can be addressed perfectly by appealing to facts and arguments, so many posters only resort to personal insults and attacks.

- Jan

Edited by - JanH on 14 August 2002 13:9:51

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

LMAO....Crazy!!!Lucy wants to join you for lunch...Lucy...loves those charbroilded hamburgars!!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Okay, I'll listen to Jan and elaborate on my "no". Bad things have always happened, this time is no different. Stocks are going down, well they also did that before, and they also went up again. Flood, famine, disease, all has happened before, for example just look at the plaques of the middle ages.

Now, it is true you could give the argument that the bible says people would mock the prophesy of it being the last days. And then use that as a proof But with that argument you'll win every case, excuse the words, but it is just a lame argument to say "the bible says there will be people who mock us for it and since you are mocking, this is the end of days.".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit