How to build a time machine?

by haujobbz 17 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

First you need some anti-matter,if you can get enough of this in one place you should be able open a hole in space

Then 2 uncharged metal plates

Separate them in space to create a vacuum

vacuum becomes filled with virtual electron-antielectron annihilations

This then creates the casimir effect(net attraction between the 2 uncharged plates)

Then magnify the casimir effect to create a crude time machine

Think a wormhole could connect 2 sets of casimir plates,plates would have to be displaced in space and you then use it as a warp drive system,or if plates were displaced in time then a time machine

if then someone could fall between one set of plates he could be transported to the other set of plates

I suppose you may ask would it be phyisically stable

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

"Uh....Okay."

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

thats all based on theories. thats how to create a time machine assuming these effects actually exsists and behave the way we think they will.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Ok....hmmmmmm can we get any of those supplies at Radio Shack?

• heathen
    heathen

what ever happened to einstiens theory of exceeding the speed of light ? or the theory of going opposite the rotation of the earth like in superman the movie?

• SYN
    SYN

That would be a great time machine for single-celled organisms, due to the tininess of your average wormhole...

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    what ever happened to einstiens theory of exceeding the speed of light ?

Einstein's theory was that nothing could exceed the speed of light, not that if you did you'd travel back in time. Time does slow as you approach the speed of light though, so if you went shooting off through the galaxy for a few hours, you could return home many years later, although you could never go back.

or the theory of going opposite the rotation of the earth like in superman the movie?
    Erm, that wasn't a theory. That was a plot device.
  • bboyneko
    bboyneko

actually, recent experiments have pretty much proved einstein wrong on just about everything. His theories apply on the small scale but not when looking at the big picture. Similair to saying what comes up must come down. just about anything you throw up (bleearrghh) wuill come down again. But if you throw it up high enough, it will never come down,, proving that theory wrong. recent observations ahve proven that the speed of light has been slowing down for millions of years, and that it is NOT a constant speed. Eiensteins theories were dependant on the speed of light being constant.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    recent observations ahve proven that the speed of light has been slowing down for millions of years, and that it is NOT a constant speed

As I understand it, the data that suggest are also consistent with an accelerating expansion rate for the universe and a constant speed of light, although I'm not up to date on the most recent discoveries.

(Some young-earth creationists have claimed that light has slowed down since the creation 6000 years ago, and used false data to "prove" it, in an effort to reconcile their beliefs with observable reality.)

And I thought Einstein was mostly accurate in terms of the big picture, but that relativity fell apart on the small, i.e. quantum, scale.

• voltaire
    voltaire

Sorry guys, but I already built one next year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit