Bill Bowen Disfellowshipped

by silentlambs 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Why do JW elders all start to look the same after a while? Cheap and sloppy suits that are at least 10 years old must be standard issue. These guys need to pull themselves together and carry themselves with some dignity.

Anyway, you looked good Bill and the end result is as expected. Sometimes we just do what we need to do even though we know how it will end up. Maybe going into these committee meetings with your eyes wide open now just reinforces just how stupid the whole JW thing was and what an illusion and a sham their "authority" is. It is really embarrassing now to think about what we once believed in.

It would be interesting if you could share with us some more of the proceedings of this meeting. What did they say was their reason for disfellowshipping you and what evidence did they claim to support those reasons? Were they concerned that you might be recording/transmitting the conversations? Did they reveal in any way that the decision that they reached was influenced somehow by Brooklyn?

Path

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Theyve done their duty. Wt legal told them what to do, how to do it, and made sure it got done. Who paid for the court room? The WTBTS, not the local cong. The men chosen for the a.c. were parachuted in not because they are known as unbiased and fair. They were picked especially for their absolute loyalty to the org. and were told to get the job done.

Appeal comities are decided in advance and always uphold the original decision.

Theres no other term than kangaroo court.

It must have been quite a trying chore to get through this knowing the outcome was inevitable.

Congrads Bill

• Crystal
    Crystal

Way to go Bill. They just proved our point!!!They just don't get it do they?
    They are the ones that are hammering the nails in their own coffins.
    Now the good "JW" will see just how evil the org. is.

BTW...in regards to the fat man..hmmm...isn't GLUTTONY a sin? Whys isn't he disfellowshipped???

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I guess the governing body is sleeping better now, well Bill and Sheila you stood your ground and your convictions and I know everyone one of us are proud of you and the Silentlambs. I hope you still continue you vigilant fight. As I see it the GB was not going to budge as to their ruling. That was just a staged committee. They had their minds made up for them no matter what you presented. It was sealed in blood as it were.

Keep up your courageous battle and I wish you good health as this has been a stressful period for you and your family. Take care and please except my profound love for and your family.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This saddens me but like many others, is no surprise. Dysfunction cannot tolerate a breath of fresh air. To do so would reveal the underbelly.

What they don't realize is that in their attempt to "keep the cong clean" they are actually bringing a greater shame on the God they supposedly worship. The world will see them for what they really are and hopefully new people will not be so ready to be ensnared in its grip.

Bill I am sure that when you found that first envelop you little realized the road you would travel. It has not been easy and I am sure there have been times when you cried out to Jehovah about the injustice.

Thank you for being a man of integrity. They are rare in the world and sadly even more rare on the WTS

You are now face to face with a realization that many of us have had for a long time. This is not God's organization. Matt 23 describes them so well.

I suspect there are a wide range of feelings you and your family are having. That is normal and expected. Feel them. Experience them. Mourn the loss of what was dear to you.

And move on. Jehovah has not left you.

You are free.

Lee Marsh

• scumrat
    scumrat

SHAME ON THOSE ELDERS AND THE GOVERNING BODY !!!!

" WE ABHORE CHILD ABUSE" THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY BUT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF HIPOCRITES ALIVE TODAY. THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY AND ALL IT'S CORPORATIONS HAVE BEEN FOUND GUILTY BY THE EVIDENCE PRESENTED. DATELINE. PANORAMA. NEW YORK TIMES. NEWSWEEK.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Bill, you are a good looking man, surely. But more pics of hyghlandyr and rhiannon, please!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

We knew this would happen exactly as it happened. They are nothing but SEE no evil HEAR no evil SPEAK TONS OF evil, mindless company men. They had to make Bill an EXAMPLE to WARN THE SHEEP of what happens to those who DARE to defy Mother! And of course, in the process, they prove without a shred of doubt what A$$holes are running this God FORSAKEN Organization of putzes. I believe the only way the JWs will hear about any of this tho is for it to CONTINUE to be held in the public court for them to see! It wont be announced, it wont be in their magazines...it will only be HERE and in the papers so keep the fires burning! I know of many many instances where a person is handled like this and the result was that half the congregation left with them in abhorrence of what the organization did! Yeah...I pretty much despise these people as much as my body can tolerate without implosion.

Bill you might like to have your house, phone and cars debugged.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Bill wrote:

As you all know, there is no reasoning, no logic, no fairness, no justice, when it comes to the directions the Governing Body has mandated for all who try to speak out on abuse.

Or any other issue . . . .

gb

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Bill and Sheila,

I know it hurts being df'ed and consequently shunned by your friends and family still in the organization. I am sorry that things turn out that way, but you have to keep on with the fight for all the child abuse victims of that ungodly organization. Don't stop being an advocate and a voice for all the silent lambs. That organization won't listen now, but eventually will when the rest of the world is fully informed and will not want to be part of the WTS.

Keep up the fight and don't give up.

Regards,

Ajax

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit