hands up ex-pioneers

by sleepy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• kat7302
    kat7302

Oh my god, we did that too! We used to give eachother words like "electrolux and rockery" in our game though, you couldnt give the person the word until the householder was opening the door, that way, they had no time to prepare! It was so much fun we often had to make toilet stops!

• Kep
    Kep

Yep I had a crack at it for a few years.

I had to do something to get my profile up within the borg. It worked too, before I was appointed as a ministerial servant, then it was on to bigger and grander things.

All for what ?? To be broke all the time thinking there were rewards for those putting the kingdumb first.

Kep

• Mulan
    Mulan

Me too. 1990-1993, and then I auxiliaried about every two months, until I just couldn't stand it anymore. I actually tried to get back into regular pioneering, but my health kind of crashed, so I didn't. Then I got healthy, and THEN I learned it was all crap.................so it was really wasted time, much more than I realized. I did think it was a colossal waste of my time, while pioneering, but was genuinely pissed when I found out how much of a waste it really was.

You guys that loved it, are just weird! There was hardly ever anyone home...........maybe for you there were more people to talk to, and maybe you didn't have the 'resident' NASTY pioneer we had. She was such a bitch (and still is) I can't believe they still let her pioneer. She was jealous of all the other pioneers and made us miserable............I guess she wanted to be the only one.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Did a few tours of duty when my kids entered primary school. Always stuck with menopausal, whiny women who turned the air-conditioning on in sub-zero weather. You know the kind - wouldn't stop for break or lunch until they placed something.

Every time I signed up to pioneer, my husband would somehow manage to lose his job and I'd eventually have to quit to support the family. After the third time I left pioneering to get a job, I decided Jehovah didn't want me to Pioneer (after all those assembly demonstrations, too). I was right.

Edited by - wasasister on 31 July 2002 23:15:35

• Mackin
    Mackin

Pioneered for 8 yrs then did 5 yrs in Bethel.

What a waste of my life. Oh well...Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Mackin.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I pioneered 3 years from 1980-83. Then I was paroled. My school counselor was very surprised I didn't take the SATs, and called me in several times to get me to change my mind. She said she knew someone at Stanford and could get me a full scholarship there if I wanted it. Of course I refused. Stupid woman, doesn't she realise the End Is Near? Oh well, at least I met my wife (she pioneered 13 years) and we've been blissfully married for 19 years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit