Gutted about the Kingdom Ministry

by kat7302 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kat7302
    kat7302

Yeah I know that you are missing out too but this does make you the better person. Not all my family speak to me......in fact only about 5% of them do but the other 95% are missing out on my beautiful children. Its a sad fact but one you learn to live with as best you can. I will never understand a family member being able to walk past me on the street and not even smile, it really makes no sense to me but I just tell myself that they dont deserve to know me. Anyone else who acted that way I wouldnt give the time of day to and certainly wouldnt let around my children, to me they are bad examples of how people should be. Its ironic that they will welcome in strangers and completley shun their own flesh and blood but doesnt that show the mentality?

I suppose I live in hope that they will leave gradually and when they do and realise the way in which they have behaved, it is them who will have the guilty conscience, not me.

Chin up though, I know its tough and Ive given up trying to understand. Theres a lot to be said for close friends who are there for you always..altho that doesnt make up for family, just remember that it is NOT your fault they are treating you this way, all you have done is use the life which was given to you to make your own decisions...sounds criminal doesnt it? !!!!!!!!!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Kat,

I have more than some responsibility for the current situation. I could have chosen not to be public with my dissent and continued to hide my own feelings and opinions. I could have continued to be a perihelial inactive member seen as weak and a candidate for possible return and acceptable for limited association.

I chose to quit hiding and I really did want to know which friends and relatives were loyal to me and which ones would dispense with me on advise of the religion. All of the JW's dispensed with me on advise of the religion. That fact surprised me. Looking back, it shouldn't have, but it did.

I would not repeat my course today. I would do my research privately. I would not go public. I would not confront any of the JWs I know. Now that I have done a more thorough job of researching JWs and religion and theism, I have a tolerance for religious behavior that I did not have when I started.

I threatened them or offended them and they struck back. Now we have to deal with the strike back. By striking back, they threatened and offended me. The original issues have all faded behind the strike back. Initially, I was indignant mostly because of religious issues. Now I am pissed at them because of their behaviors when they retaliated.

My initial issues were manageable and not relationship breakers on my side. Their retaliation was harsh and aggressive and now it will be impossible to repair those relationships.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not own religious bigotry. They share in it, but they have lots of company. If I eliminate all bigots, I could get a little lonely.

Most of my friends are religious, but I live in the midwestern USA and here superstition is considered normal.

Hope you are having a good summer,

gb

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well..we picked up the JW sister of hubby's that is visiting from NY this week. She was very sweet. She went to Virginia to help her Disfellowshipped son and his disfellowshipped wife with their new baby.

We mentioned in talking (We delivered her to her JW Mom's 2 hours away)that we would take her JW mom(Hubbys mom also) down to see the new baby and she sure doesn't seem to want us to. I felt that she really didn't want me talking to them..I tried not to snicker!

I asked her what her and her JW hubby were going to do after he retires next year...Of course they are going to pioneer full time. I will believe this when I see it!

She is already making excuses about her poor sick JW Mother in law needing them.She lives with them. She has so many Dr Appointments that they have to drive her to!

Going to visit Wednesday..we will be together all day! I wonder if I can hold my tonque that long....

Hubby hates it when I get in these moods!:::::He He!

Golden Girl...

Found out JW mother in law is shopping and donating to the "Agape Christian Thrift Store!" Shame on her!

Edited by - Golden Girl on 5 August 2002 6:1:40

• gravedancer
    gravedancer
    Yeah I know that you are missing out too but this does make you the better person.

Sorry to disagree but this seems like nonsense...

If a mother abandons a baby does that make the baby a better person? At what stage does the rejection of a parent for a child make the child a better person?

Face reality, shunning does no one any good except the fat-cats in Brooklyn who gain from added mind-control.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Golden Girl

When I rise above my own indignation and help one of those who insulted me in the past, I am behaving more the way I do want to behave and better than them.

Some of those have had so little regard for my personal boundaries, insulting and offending me, that it is easy for me to retaliate and violate their boundaries as well.

I force myself to be civil and rational. By nature and by their behaviors, these people are my enemies. Relationships are broken and rapport and trust is lost. The Watch Tower Publishing Company directs them to reduce connection with me to "family matters" and "business dealings" and they obey. I have contempt for them and it is very difficult to be civil and non-confrontational with them but I now force myself.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You sound like a very kind person and I would be proud to call you a friend. Best wishes,

gb

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thanks for the E Mail and the kind words!

Golden Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit