Appeal Letter 7-29-02

by silentlambs 34 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Bill is taking part in a "theatrical spectacle" both to the nations but also to those who claim a special position over Jesus' flock, namely the WTBTS. So, in presenting a well-structured and fluent letter of appeal, Bill is placing before both honest- and deceptive-hearted ones the issues.

####

the above comments addresses the question that many have asked "Does he want to remain in the JW?"

well what many are missing is that Bill along with others are merely giving the OUTSIDE WORLD a chance along with 10s of 1000's of Lurkers and jw on the fence to see something that very few jw actually see

when you consider there are 6 million jw currently how many of them actually know what goes on in a Judical meeting

in fact the mystery of the "jUDICAL COMMITTEE MEETING" over the years has invoked all kinds of fear

I recall as a little child being told IF YOU ARE BAD THE ELDER WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE BACK ROOM

EVERY JW KNOWS WHAT IT MEANS WHEN SOMEONE IS TAKEN INTO THE BACK ROOM

and since no one can talk about what goes on behind secret closed doors ON THE RUMOR MILL CAN PROVIDE ANSWERS

so over the years the mere thought of the elders saying : Sister Johnson we would like to talk to you in the back"

as caused the avg jw blood pressure and pulse to rise-

so Bill is allowing like the above poster mention the chance for folks to see the wt system of fear and threats play out on the world scene

let me reassure you from my exp - when you allow nonjw to peek at what happens behind the scene like i make a practice of THEY CAN'T BELIEVE THE LITTLE SMILING JW on thier steps on sat morning are subjected to this type of INTERNAL TREATMENT

SO IT IS good that he is doing this is airs the dirty little secrets

I love it

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Slightly off-topic, but I didn't feel it deserved a new thread.. My cong seems to have misplaced over a third of our publishers (30+). Bearing in mind that the majority of us have already been on holiday, it coincides nicely with the Panorama programme

• SYN
    SYN

Could you provide more details Fatal? Do you think that a lot of people are no longer attending because of the Panorama program?

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Sure SYN.

The programme was shown the week-end before our Convention, and the letter read out that sunday before the program, as you no doubt know already. I spoke to a few witnesses about it afterwards, who on the whole were skeptical of the situation in general, not wanting to commit to accepting the possibility of peadophiles within their midsts, but neither condemning the idea and defending the Society either.. No meetings over the course of the next week, since the COnvention was on, but the feedback from the doors was that the subject wasn't coming up.

Then our first congregational meeting on thursday turnd out interesting: The service meeting was replaced by what could only be described as a rant against Bill, the media etc.. Slander, full-blown lies etc.. you name it, it was said from the platform. One point worth making was that only 50-odd people were attending, bearing in mind that this is a 100+ strong cong. Of those missing, whole families with young children and memebers of such families weren't attending, leaving mainly older witnesses, single men and women, and ministerial servants/elders. So at least the message didn't reach as many as they would have hoped..

One good sign was the MS sitting next to me with his head bowed throughout, shaking his head occasionally, before eventually walking out and leaving midway through said talk. Maybe he's here

Come last Sunday, we were still only just pushing to 60 in attendance, which of course includes visiting brothers and sisters, as we often have talks by respected speakers.

Panorama-induced? Hard to tell, but I can state for certain that the witnesses in my congregation are NOT all taking the Society's side, including some of those who were in attendance, and some others have said such things to me as "Well, maybe Jehovah is pointing these problems out to us, if anything has been hidden, those responsible will have to pay dearly, EVEN IF THEY SIT IN ANY POSITION OF RESPONSIBILITY" (emphasis mine) It was all well timed, coinciding with the showing of the programme, but it will be more interesting to see how things develop over the next month or so!

• disneycuty
    disneycuty

I totally agree with your statement. I feel that Bill is fighting a losing battle. Even if he wasn't disfellowshipped, he made a dent in the Watchtower Society. And all Jehovah's Witness will treat him like he is an outcast. I totally agree with Bill and his Silent Lamb website. The survivors needed a voice and Bill was that voice. But I also feel that the Borg. will treat Bill as a outcast whether if he is disfellowshipped or not. In the Jehovah's Witness eyes, Bill is already judged and excuted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit