Appeal Letter 7-29-02

by silentlambs 34 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Nice letter Bill. I see only one miniscule problem.

Your letter seems to be directed to the governing body. You seem to be trying to reach them by appealing to (what you allude to as) their innate sense of justice and Christianity, qualities that hinge on their over riding belief that the creator is watching and will ultimately judge them for any miscarriage of justice in which they play a part. Therein lies the rub.

I really believe that the gb knows that god isn't watching. I doubt that they even believe there *is* a god. I believe that they know they are merely heads of a corporation -- a corporation that is trying tooth and nail to keep itself afloat amidst a torrent of rising water that may very likely do it in (at worse) or forever alter its course (at least). I also believe none of them give a fig about treating you (or anyone else) fairly. They simply hold to a certain position and you are on the other side of it.

In this little charade/farce/sham of judicial committee, appeal letter, "talk to my lawyer", "the elder book says" etc., etc., etc., you are playing one game (by their rules) and they are playing another one in which the cards are stacked 100% in their favor. Yeah... inn playing by the rules you will eventually convict them in the arena of public opinion, but that is all you will do. Nothing more.

The decision to disfellowship will be upheld and, imo, you will live out your days in that state.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Bill, whatever your intent in writing that letter, I wish you success. You have what I call "a fire in your belly," and for that you have my full respect. Whether you are un-disfellowshipped or not, whether Brooklyn changes its policies or not, you have brought comfort to thousands where the WT offerred no comfort whatsoever. Whether you achieve your aims or not, you should at least have peace of mind knowing that your actions have proven your integrity.

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Bill:

Beautiful letter. Regardless of the outcome, you have stood tall and made yourself heard despite the BORG's attempts to silence you. Continue to stand strong. Your integrity and courage throughout this ordeal is astounding and admirable. And as was previously mentioned in this thread, you've proven that ONE MAN can make a difference!

((((((BILL)))))))

((((((((((ALL SILENT LAMBS)))))))))

Native

• alamb
    alamb

PRINCIPLES!!!

To be disfellowshipped on false charges for exposing damage is wrong. Black and White. Staying in or not is not the point. Can't we see past this? Once he is "out" the fingers will point at the err in his ways, the 'justice' that was done, and truth will once again be silenced. The brand apostate will be used and minds will be numbed.

Yes, appeals do work. Mine did, after which I da'd myself, at the same meeting. I wanted to leave on my terms and df them. I walked out with my head high. All charges were dropped.

The issue here is integrity. Bill should not settle for being labled or pigeon-holed. He is using each precious moment to speak for those who never got a chance. The majority of those were women without a voice or chance for justice in the "good ol' boys club." Let him yell...he is shouting our battle cry. He is fighting for our children, their children, the children of the future. Children he will never meet. Victims who have been lost to suicide and can no longer cry. Women leading lives with no reason or meaning trying to give to their children what they never received. Holding deception and corruption in the light for all to see.

His motives are not his own.

William: OG meaning resolute protector.

• Lovingkindness
    Lovingkindness

BRAVO .... Bill Bowen!!!!

and may our heavenly Father bless you for your stand for truth and righteousness, dear friend. I am behind you all the way! Please do not get discouraged but continue to persue your fight for truth and justice for the many victims of abuse in the Watchtowr Society Organisation. In time, all abusers and those who do not stand up for truth and righteousness will not only be exposed for what they are, but will stand before our God and Lord and have to answer for what they allowed to happen to His innocent sheep in the Watchtower Organization. ( Ezekiel 34:1-16 applies to not only Israel, but all those who have taken on the responsibility to shepherd God's "sheep.")

May the Watchtower Organisation repent for what they are doing.!!!

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Nice letter, Bill! But if they wouldn't meet with you in your DF meeting (i.e., they locked the door so you couldn't get in, from what I understand!), what makes you believe they'll meet with you on an appeal request? Anyway, I do believe you were unjustly treated for sure! Welcome to the "unfaithful slave," who beats their "fellow slaves," by intimidating them in the media and eventually DFing them! Too bad for them, because they will, no doubt, receive a "heavier judgment!"

Edited by - cyberguy on 30 July 2002 1:28:27

Edited by - cyberguy on 30 July 2002 1:44:10

Edited by - cyberguy on 30 July 2002 1:45:28

• blondie
    blondie
    What makes you believe they'll meet with you on an appeal request?

Well, Cyberguy, I'm obviously not Bill, but I understand why he is following all the "legal" steps the WTS lays out for their members. It's to illustrate where their true motives and thinking lie. If they don't follow their own rules, it brands them as hypocrites. There is nothing in the Bible about an appeal process. There is nothing about a fact-finding team of 2 elders, or a judicial committee. But the WTS has their own Talmud and I think Bill is showing how they apply the rules when and how it suits them. The WTS makes the rules, not the elders. It is the WTS that pulls the strings, not the elders. If Bill, can document it in the media, perhaps some JWs will wonder what is going on and wonder if God is with the WTS.

If anyone drops the ball in this process, it won't be Bill.

Edited by - Blondie on 30 July 2002 6:9:11

• frogit
    frogit

For Bill to have his DFd overturned, he will have to show repentance, for example take down his web site Silent Lambs. And stop exposing the WT. Its dead simple Bill needs to do works that befit repentance!!

Acts 26:20I went bringing the message that they should repent and turn to God by doing works that befit repentance.

But I feel Bill wont do this, but just carry on and try to help all those victims of abuse, and in doing so expose the WT.

I must also note quite a lot of the R & F pubs are upset, and have had abuse both on the doors and in public places, I know of Magazine calls being cancelled by upset householders due to the Panorama expose!

Frogit

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

William Bowen does the right thing: He addresses his letter to the target groups: to the elders of his congregation (those guys who would ever do what the ivory tower demands).

His letter is read by those agents within the ivory towers and their rulers.

and the public is receiving his clear answer.

so he acts like Paul who made Peter blaming because he went on wiith heathen and with jews.

you know that story.

so why you a Bill bown not inform the whole world about that ugly WT acting that is everything but not christian.

Those gods on the ivory tower throwns one day will have no chair under the butt, only a bucket I guess.

Bill hold on, you are no evildoer you focus the right thing.

• Mary
    Mary

"....Mary I'm glad to see that you have a positive outlook here.Have you been in the den of iniquity, thats what Bill is facing here....."

Jjrizo: Yep, I have in fact, been in this position where you got the elders sitting across from you watching every move you've made, seeing if your "repentent" (I lied my ass off and said I was! LOL!). However, the difference is that Bill has done nothing wrong scripturally, morally or legally. What he HAS done, is expose the inadequate policies that the Governing Body has set out in dealing with pedophiles, as well as a huge cover up within the Borganization. If they were playing even by their own rules, they have no grounds to DF him and they know it. The fact that they've ignored their own guidelines, shows what a bunch of sleazoid pimps these guys really are and it needs to be exposed.

If all the media continue to "harass" Brooklyn, and if any of these cases end up going to court, then these guys are going to be made a laughing stock in front of the whole world including 6 million Witnesses.

This is not just about Bill being DF'd without any evidence whatsoever. This is about him and all the other ones that took a stand on the side of children who are being sexually abused while these bastards stand by and do NOTHING!

That's why I say NO WAY, he should stand and FIGHT this thing. If he just goes quietly into the night, then Brooklyn wins and it'll be the Ray Franz incident all over again. Today, we have the Internet and much more media coverage for this sort of thing. It's brought the Catholic Church to it's knees, so there's no reason why it can't bring the WTS to it's knees as well.

Edited by - Mary on 30 July 2002 9:3:44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit