sickness

by kat7302 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, kat.

I've worked with women who have "hyperemesis gravidarum" who end up so ill during their pregnancy that they have to be hospitalized because of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. So, please do seek medical attention if the only "glow" you're getting is from the reflection in your toilet bowl.

Along with ginger, which is an herbal remedy for nausea, and can be taken in candy or lozenge form or infused into tea, don't drink while eating and vice versa. Separate solids from fluids by approximately half an hour.

Watch for symptoms of dehydration
    - dry skin and mucous membranes around your lips and mouth
    - diminished urine output or concentrated urine, which is dark amber/brownish in colour
    - loss of skin tone [if you try to pick up an inch of skin it "tents"]
    - severe weight loss

Symptoms of electrolyte imbalance can include the following:
    - irregular heart beat or increased pulse rate
    - changes in mood/confusion or poor concentration

Try to avoid stress (easier said than done with 3 kids underfoot already) but do try to take time to rest and relax. It's believed that morning sickness is a sign that the pregnancy is healthy, and that the placenta is beginning to take over some hormonal functions. It generally doesn't last beyond the first trimester, so try to 'hang in there' and remember that it will get better.

If you need to talk, my e-mail is open.

Love, Scully RN

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Sorry about your sickness, my doctor suggested before you even step out of bed, slowly eat some soda crackers. It made a whole lot of difference for me, I was pregnant with my second, and not as well with her as my first. She was 9lbs. 5oz. That was the end of our having anymore children.

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

{{{{{{{{{Kat}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Big sympathy hugs for you!!!! Peppermints are good for nausea.

~Bugs

• kat7302
    kat7302

cheers for all your responses you guys.

I like the comment about as you were not there for the conception, why should you be included in the rest! All I can say to that is....DONT POST ON MY THREAD IF U DONT WANNA.

My children are 5, 3 and 1 and are constantly on the go. I havent actually been sick but feel it constantly. I had the sickness worse on my two daughters, on my son I just felt it so maybe this is gonna be a boy.

I have heard of the ginger biscuits but didnt find they helped me on any of my others. My ex used to make me toast every morning before I got out of bed but unfortunatley I now live alone and have to get up and do it for the kids! I also have a lovely dirty nappy to change first thing too which really adds to the whole experience!.

Im hoping the sickness doesnt last too long but got a feeling it will...its my punishment!

I am determined to make this a child of the forum so I will place every detail of the entire thing up for you all including scan photos etc.........

You know you're all excited really.

By the way, is it possible to have ante natal depression?

• Matty
    Matty

(((Kat)))

You poor darling! Of course we want to be informed of every stage, vent away! So post all those scans! And expatbrit? He's just here to wind everybody up, and in the absence of Naeblis he's doubling his effort!

• kat7302
    kat7302

awh your a sweety matty, you know that? Thanks for being interested. I will continue to post, the heading of this whole thing is 'friends' and I always tell my friends everything and will continue to do so.

((((((((MATTY))))))))))))

• kat7302
    kat7302

by the way..who's neablis???????

I swear I miss everything on here!

• Matty
    Matty

He's a smartarse SOB, just like expatbrit, but doesn't post as much as he used to! Maybe he has one of those "life" things now! http://jsefton.users1.50megs.com/naeblis.htm

• kat7302
    kat7302

hmmmm, a life...whats one of those?

Still feeling sick in case anyone was wondering..I hate this....of course I blame Eve who started the whole bloody painful childbirth stuff!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit