The book that will bring Ethics to the GB.

by Bleep 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

You have aptly ignored my post Bleep....I grew up in the JW Cult...I witnessed people being DF'd over and over again for many different reasons..out and in ....out and in.....over and over....and then there are those who are in power...Elders...Circuit Overseers....and the like....who have little secrets...I was associated with many Elders from many Cong's in the area I lived..almost all used profanity in their speach...used alcohol and drugs to excess..screwed around on their mates.....and still....yes still....are associated with their respective Cong's in GOOD STANDING....I had all I could take of hypocricy and left the muck and mire...!!!!...An organization that keeps it's members by inflicting guilt and practicing mind control is a Cult!!!....CC

• FlyingHigh
    FlyingHigh

I think he is just saying there must be some good qualities in the GB and is hoping someone will point out one so he can feel good about remaining a JW.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    is seriously not funny

That is redundantly not necessary.

Expatbrit

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Bleepy, No, I wasn't at the courthouse. However, the way the WTS is acting and the existence of peculiar policy make them ( the WTS ) suspecious.

Bleepy, just for my curiousity, do you put the time you spent at this forum in your service report? I just had to ask.

• Bleep
    Bleep

I only log about 1 hour a month out in service. It's about all I can do. I go on this forum to learn other people's opinion first and foremost. I also like to tell people my opinion as well. Thanks for asking. I was only asked once before.

• Bleep
    Bleep

I made this forum topic for the benefit of learning about the Ethics and reason why people think the GB needs Ethics. Not to answer everyones questions.

• berten
    berten

>I am trying to please Jehovah...

I wonder,Bleep,how you go about trying to please an entity that so far has not proved its existence.

How does he like it anyway? Do you <bleep> him up the <bleep> ? Or what ?

( Sorry,I could not help making fun of your screen-name :-)

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

The Governing Body makes decisions of behalf of Jehovah God, as "his channel" of communitcation to the millions of believers who seek to follow Jehovah through the WTBTS. Therefore, the decisions they make should, be Ethical and in harmondy with the Bible, seeing how they are deciding how millions of people seeking to follow God will live.....but....

When I was active in the Organization I, like just about every Witness I knew, ASSUMED that the Governing Body memebers MUST spend much of their time on careful Bible Study...especially when it comes to making any major decision for judicial proceedings or Bible interpretation. BUT that is NOT the reality. I base that statement on the documentation recorded by Raymond Franz's personal eye witness account...how Governing Body members are on a busy schedule of speaking and such, that they have no more time, if not much less than the average JW for Bible study...that the writing department has put out changes in doctrine without the Governing Body's perusal on occaison etc. They don't base decisions not on Bible study and prayerful consideration. I've seen with my own eyes brothers given appointments supposedly from the Governing Body themselves....brothers that were harbouring serious sins secretly....they never deserved to get those appointments....yet some brother in Bethel saw that the elders recommended him...so he got the stamp of approval....and that is suppose to be God's active force at work?

When the Governing Body makes a decision that brings hardship, heartache/and or devastation to families and the brotherhood worldwide....do they come out and appolijze? NEVER. How is that ethical?

When the Governing Body, who claim to be God's ONLY Channel of communication....claim to be GOD's organization....don't seek God constantly in prayer and in Bible study.....and then they do not go out door to door....yet they insist that the rest of the brotherhood do so....is that ethical?

Is it Ethical to for the Governing Body to preach one thing and then do another?

I use to have the same awe and respect and adoration for the Governing Body that most JW's do....but now that I know the truth about The Truth I can see them the same way again. I'd like to think that they mean well. That they are a bunch of grandfatherly-like old men who are seeking God the ownly way they know how...and that they are sincere in doing so....but I seriously question some of the things they do, how they do them, and the consequences for the millions who follow them.

I do not believe Jehovah God only goes through a small group of old men in Brooklyn, to spiritually feed millions of beleivers worldwide. God has taught me much since I've been out of the Organization...and I didn't have to go through a group of guys in Brooklyn. I pray in Jesus name, not "in the name of the Governing Body."

• Bleep
    Bleep

Very well thought out, thank you =)

I think that it is ok to have a few old men help out the congregations. There were only a few that made the Bible.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You want ethics from a group that owns 50% of a bomb parts factory,and has just made a deal with the Navy to supply engines for un-maned remote aircraft?..Idiot!!..LOL...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 27 July 2002 15:55:24

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit