Does power corrupt?

by sleepy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>If there is a god, if it wants a relationship w people, it would do it on an individual basis.<<

Like a Dad and his kid?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

So if God is the Absolute power is he Absolute corrupt?

I will say no. He doesnt have our flawed qualities. Or maybe he does. Who knows. He can do what he wants and is probably pretty pissed that I wrote this. Sorry Lord.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Crazy

Maybe, because it doesn't manifest power and act in powerful ways that people desire, it shows that power is meaningless to it. It has no value to it.

Pom

Something like that.

SS

• Undecided
    Undecided

I my case I didn't feel I had power, just responsibility to do so damn much I didn't have time for my own life. I would have gladly given my PO position to any one who had the ability to take it on.

Ken P.

• gumby
    gumby

Does the extra respect , power and aurthority over others cause changes in a person makeup they can not help?

For some it does....for others who try not to feel superior.....no

Becoming a servant automatically puts you in a different light than the rank and file and you can't help but feel the effects. When I was made an elder....my friends treated me different..more distant and carefull. They treated my daughter different and were more critical of our family.

I was young and felt I had to act more serious now that I was an elder. Some of these things can make you act different when you don't want to be different.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Does power corrupt?

Does the earth revolve around the sun?

Farkel

• termite 35
    termite 35

Two words... Tony Blair......!

I have to assume that it does, i'm afraid;I've seem many nice brothers turn into ministerial servants and then elders etc;that behave more oddly with the years that pass; on one hand they can be the most hard line in the congregation, and on the other hand, the most corrupted and immoral......

actually that was 58 words in the end.

• Crazy151drinker
  • Francois
    Francois

HomeButHiding - I think you'll find that statement was first penned by Henry Thoreau in "Civil Disobedience." Or maybe it was, instead, he who said, "That government is best which governs least," and he may even have been quoting when he said that.

You know, the more I think about it, the less I think I know about it. hehehe.

Nice to see you posting. Welcome. Again.

francois

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Francois, You could be right. I went straight to Google, though, and Google like Alex Trebek NEVER lies! HbH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit