BOSTON GLOBE

by scumrat 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Does anyone think it is rather odd that very, very few JW molestation cases are being reported to the District Attorneys in MA?

We have a number of 23,720 for USA Canada & Europe, (Europe is vague, but let's say parts of Western Europe).

If the 23,720 were all in the US we would have 475 cases per state. So if we only assigned 1/4 of the total cases to the US & 100 cases to each state and we said only 1/3 of the cases involve a Minister (elder or MS) that's still 33 cases per state. Yet, apparently the number reported to the authorities is only one or two. Doesn't sound reasonable, did the legal dept find a loophole maybe the minister clause?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Maybe I am missing something here.

Bowen stated in the Panorama show that the 23,720 number includes USA, Canada and Europe.

Why the hell are you taking the number for just the USA? You didn't even take into account that certain states have different populations?

hawk

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

If the question was directed to me:

I assigned 5000 of the total to the USA

I did not break down by state population although many western states have very small populations and therefore JW's.

I gave a very low estimate of 100 cases per state (any state although Population wise MA would be higher)

I assumed only 33 cases were reportable under the law regarding ministers

I believe I gave the society the benefit of the doubt in all my figures.

Yet the Boston Globe article barely mentions any JW cases, making it appear that few have been received.

Just wondering if this is correct.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Scumrat,

Are you blind? Jehovah's Witnesses mentioned near at the bottom of the article.

Hawkaw - You are missing something and that is your brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit