BOSTON GLOBE

by scumrat 13 Replies latest jw friends

• scumrat
    scumrat

There is an article in today's Boston Globe referencing other religions in the covering up of sex abuse. It didn,t take too long to find JEHOVAHS WITNESSES among the names.

( well now, hmmmm, could it beee SATAN !! )

• zev
  • zev
    zev

are you in massachusetts or closeby scumrat?

email me if your more comfortable with that.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I just sent Marcella Bombardieri, a letter the other day. She is a reporter at the Globe who did the "we love JWs" story.

I think I am going to send my previous comments to these reporters too!

hawk

• outnfree
    outnfree

LOL

Too little, too late!

Edited by - outnfree on 19 July 2002 10:55:29

• scumrat
    scumrat

I'm in the North East.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

To little to late .....

What the hell does that mean?

Anyway I just sent off an Email to both reporters. Maybe they can convince their editor to run with it.

hawk

• Mary
    Mary

Excellent..........if there's one thing that bugs the GB more than anything, it's being lumped in with other cults - drives them nuts and there was actually an article on it a few years ago in the WT where they went to extra ordinary lengths to try and "prove" that they are not a cult like everyone else, even though the facts speak for themselves.

I almost think they'd rather be singled out for something specific that no other cult is accused of: that way, they can claim that it's Satan persecuting God's true religion........if you're simply lumped in with all the other nut case religions, then there's really no "individuality" there - and there's nothing to stop all the other cults from claiming the same damn thing: it's Satan persecuting them as they have the only true religion.

Yup, if things go their way, then it's Jehovah blessing His Organization, if they get exposed for what they really are, then it's Satan persecuting Jehovah's Organization.................

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

MY GOD!!!!!!

Guys

I just got a quick note from Michael Paulson ( [email protected] ) one of the reporters in that above story!!!!

He said thanks for my note and that he going is look over my stuff that I sent to Ms. Bombardieri. Here is the Email I sent him and Mr. Cullen:

To:

[email protected]; [email protected]

Date:

7/19/02 10:55AM

Subject:

Serious Comment on the "Other denominations report abuse charges" July 19, 2002 story in the Globe

July 19, 2002

Dear Mr. Michael Paulson and Mr. Kevin Cullen,

Thank you kindly for exposing the story on other religious child abuse problems ( http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/200/metro/Other_denominations_report_abuse_charges+.shtml ) .

I noted that you discussed the Jehovah's Witnesses in your piece. Their scandal and cover up is getting huge press play in Britain this week (since the BBC aired a documentary on the Panorama show last Sunday). Dateline NBC also aired a story in the United States on May 28, 2002. Even David Letterman made comments in his monologue on Monday and Tuesday of this week about the JW cover up that makes the Catholic church look good!

I sent an Email to Ms Marcella Bombardieri of the Boston Globe noting that not only are the JWs protecting church leaders who are pedophiles but also their members too.

According to the BBC Panorama show shown on July 14, 2002 there are 23,720 known or accused pedophiles in the JW organization (called the Watchtower). Unlike the Catholic church, JW victims are being shunned and JW advocates are actually being shut up and kicked out of the organization. Known Pedophiles who are JWs are also expected to knock on the public's door and evangelize to them without the public's knowledge. Remember everyone comes into contact with the Witnesses due to the door knocking. Would you like a child rapist knocking on your door?

Please read the attached Email I sent to Ms Bombardieri yesterday. The attached Email details every thing and I hope you decide to do a story on this issue to alert the public and help protect the innocent little children.

xxxxxx

Well that paid off. Oh do you know what I said to Ms. Bombardieri in my second Email to her? Wel here is what I told her. I also copied her editor at the globe too:

To:

internet: [email protected]

Date:

7/18/02 10:37AM

Subject:

Follow up on Jehovah's Witnesses Marcella Bombardieri report in June 2002

July 18, 2002

Dear Marcella Bombardieri,

Thank you kindly to responding to my June 25, 2002 Email regarding your June 23, 2002 report on Jehovah's Witnesses by you. I understand why you did your article the way you did.

However, I would now like to bring to your attention last Sunday's major news story in Britain that shows real serious issues plaguing the Jehovah's Witnesses - The cover up of 23,720 Child Abuse victims in the Watchtower organization. Of course there was a major story done on this by Dateline NBC on May 28,2002. But, now a even more serious story was done by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC1) show called Panorama. Again, this story just aired on the BBC on July 14, 2002 (last Sunday).

The show talked about the 23,720 victims that the Watchtower has on file and how the police both in the USA and in Britain ran into road blocks and obstruction from the elders and the Watchtower organization. To view the Panorama TV show transcript on the Witness Child Abuse cover up, please click at the below link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/audiovideo/programmes/panorama/newsid_2114000/2114320.stm

I strongly urge you to watch this show or read the transcript

. Using your computer mouse just "click" on the area that states "Watch Suffer the Little Children". Its about 33 minutes in length and you have to pay attention because of the British accent. According to the overnight ratings numbers at least 4 million Brits watched the show. Considering its population, the show was very popular and highly rated. How the USA and British police were treated when trying to investigate these crimes, how the Witnesses supported the convicted felons at sentencing and how the Watchtower tried to cover up the abuse was absolutely stunning.

For a local northeast USA flavor, the show discussed the case of Holy and Heather Berry who were seriously abused by Paul Berry. How the JWs support him at a sentencing hearing after he was convicted and how the JWs shunned the girls even got to the police officer in the case!

This case happened in New Hampshire. It may be considered part of the Greater New England area that your paper covers.

I also urge your editor to also watch this show.

Your editor and you should think about the following - Does the Catholic church "cover up" child abuse the way the Watchtower has to the point of not even co-operating with the police departments! When we are talking the Catholic Church - we are talking about a few 100 priests within hundreds of millions of Catholics. But here, with this Church of only 1 million in the USA, we are talking about 23,720 files on record. To top it off, a lot of the time the Watchtower won't even come clean to the police during investigations and will support convicted pedophiles at sentencing hearings! Now think about all the press play that the Catholic church got on its abuse problems and how they are finally coming clean on the problems. Yet here we are talking much worse problems where there is a cover up (not coming clean), and, also includes known and accused pedophiles to come and knock on an unsuspecting public's front door at least twice year.

Just as important, please note this article in the Sunday Herald. It seems the police are investigating the Watchtower for covering up the abuse (aka obstruction of justice). It appears charges will be laid soon against the Watchtower itself!!! Click below to read that story - http://www.sundayherald.com/26260 .

Last week the BBC printed and aired a story of a British JW elder being sentence to jail for abuse as well and this week a British Member of Parliament, Helen Carter, stood up in the House of Commons and asked the Government for a public enquiry into the abuse.

I hope you will consider doing a story on this stunning issue involving a New York based religious group very soon - at least for informing some of the 23,000 victims that there is help out there and they are not alone. And to alert the public to try and get this policy changed. After all, we are talking about innocent little children who need our help and pedophiles who are required to knock on our door without our knowledge. Even David Letterman has hit on the issue in his Monday and Tuesday monologues to alert the public!!!

If you need any contacts to advocates or victims please give me a call or an Email.

Take care and again thank you for your personal response,

xxxxxx

CC:

internet: [email protected]

Edited by - hawkaw on 19 July 2002 11:29:24

Edited by - hawkaw on 19 July 2002 11:30:58

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

jjrizo

I agree. I wrote to her too and got that same lame response back. That is why I sent her another Email yesterday - after the BBC show aired. You see the 23,720 number is NOW out in public thanks to Panorama (something Dateline didn't touch) and has now been used by the press. Now other lamestreet press people can use it without getting sued. You have a bigger story now - 23,720 victims compared to a few hundred priests. The press can eat that up and spit the bastards out. You see how OPTICS work to your benifit!

So hey - if I can get one of these two guys to "bite" on what I sent to Bombardieri then we're going to be rolling inthe northeast!!!! and that is fine by me.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit