The Young Anointed Speak

by Robdar 23 Replies latest jw friends

• 11thHour
    11thHour

Here is a verse that supports Jehovah's loving choice, and wisdom, when he chose David, he was least among his brothers, and young, when God chose Joseph, he was the least, and the youngest,

When God chooses his sons, they will be unpopular, even foolish to the world..

"but God chose the FOOLISH things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame, and God chose the WEAK things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame, and God chose the IGNOBLE things of the world and the things LOOKED DOWN upon, the things that are not, that he might bring to nothing the things that are." 1 Corinthians 1:27-28

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Is it possible to lay something to rest here?

Whilst a few of the "Anointed" amongst the JW's may have delusions of grandeur, that is not the normal case. It is far more humbling than that. It involves being called by the Father, by means of the Holy Spirit, to a relationship with the Son. The heavenly hope bit is a misnomer, since the call actually involves wanting to be where the Son is.

People from quite a number of denominations would lay this claim, they just wouldn't call it "anointing". Some call it being "born again", some merely call it being a Christian. It isn't just a Pentecostal / Baptist phenomena.

To say that a 20-something JW is delusional, just because they have had a religious / supernatural experience, is beyond condescending, it is IMHO outright intolerant.

It is my understanding that once they have had their eyes opened, in this way, few remain amongst the JW's. Hence the figures for memorial partakers aren't being impacted as heavily as they might, if all remained and outed themselves on memorial night.

I've gotta say that I hate responding to this kinda thread, because the more voluble posters on this type of topic are generally atheistic, anti-religious, or generally knee-jerk-reactionaries to the terms "anointed" / "heavenly hope" / etc. Then, of course, you get those that go off the deep end and start spouting scripture and try to use the opportunity to preach [8&>]

What am I really trying to say? Merely, don't tar us all with the same brush as a certain small group of fossilized doctrine-changers, in Brooklyn.

Hmmm, not too bright, either - I can't get the emoticons to work in posts ~sigh~

Edited by - LittleToe on 18 July 2002 6:41:44

Edited by - LittleToe on 18 July 2002 6:43:33

• spacegirl
    spacegirl

All this speak about anointed youth well it all smacks of the JW's going through what lots of other organisations have been through before, reform. Splinter groups I think that's what they are called like the web site that has JW's campaigning for a change in the blood issue. Oh I think dogma is another word. Great film.

Listen, I'm not any anything at the moment but I have definitely had moments of clarity which I think I may have had spiritual revelations. It did not involve bogging myself down in loads of rules and regulations from a book that clearly has a lot of good advice in and at the same time is a complete contradiction.

Why don't you anointed youth club just bite the bullet and LEAVE the JW's and start your own thing off instead of bitching about the WTS behind their backs on this web site?

Answers on a post card.........

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Get any postcards, spacegirl?

I think that in the context of the JW's, "young" anointed has to mean post 1935.

I left, and many others have, too. As for starting a new club - what? and start all that all over again?

Reformation doesn't usually happen from within an organization or church, it leads to a split (e.g. Protestant reformers left Roman Catholicism).

It's a topic that will likely keep arising as long as the borg exists, or at least until it drops the whole 1914 / 1935/ 144,000 dogma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit