I AM ABSOLUTELY SICK IN THE STOMACH!!

by deceit 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Rachel
    Rachel

I do agree that it is disgusting to think that people would do such a thing to poor children who cannot defend themselves. ; Can I ask you though, If you was a parent whose child was abused what would you do? ; Would not common sense tell you to go to the Police and report it? ; As a witness myself I believe strongly in the protection of children at all costs, I am not a parent but if I was one then the obvious thing would be to inform the congregational elders to protect other children and ALSO the Police.

Perhaps all this talk about Jehovahs Witnesses covering things up is just another way of tarnishing Jehovahs name. Any parent who has any sense if WOULD go to the police and this is what the elders and the govening body always advise in circumstances like these. ; Perhaps if the programme producers did their research properly they would have found this out instead of telling lies and deciving the general public!!!

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I am glad you feel that way Rachel and I hope that others feel that way as well within your congregation.

I think the main point that came out of the programme, which would be wise council for your governing body, is not to be so rigid and blinkered to the reality of the manipulative paedophile mind. It is fine to keep an internal record of suspected paedophiles, but this should have been made available to the secular police force a long time ago. This serves to further protect the victims of abuse and also to give the organisation that you belong to a good standing in the eyes of the law.

It is ok to question the intentions of your peers. It really is. They are human, the same as you and do make mistakes ! I would hope that the governing body are grown up enough to humble themselves and admit to their error in this particular instance.

I hope you don't get too much grief when you knock on those doors Believe me, when I used to attend meetings / go on the ministry, I had my fair share of abuse. It was actually quite good fun seeing somebody blow their lid ! At least I thought so, but then I am a very sick man.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Rachel

....the govening body always advise in circumstances like these

This is not true. My sister was molested and my parents were instructed not to go to the authorities and to let it be handled withing the cong. so as to not give Jehovah's Organization(tm) a bad name. Yes this brother was disfellowshiped, now back and has served as a MS.

Yes I agree that it would be the first instinct of any parent to go to the authorities, however when recieving instructions from an organization that claims to speak exclusivly for god not to go to authorties but let the congregation handle it so as not to tarnish Jehovah's great and clean organization, this puts extreem pressure on the parent to go against their gut feelings as it would be going against god himself.

So the GB and elders do not "always advise" to go to police. (at least not in my family)

Since you are not a parent or child who have experienced this, could you possibly not know what you are talking about?

-S

Edited by - stealth on 15 July 2002 11:25:52

• City Fan
    City Fan

Rachel - Welcome to the board!

I just wondered if you think Panorama tells lies and deceives the public in all its programmes or did it just this once to discredit the Watchtower Society?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am also incensed by all the lies and deceptions that have gone on for so long, but thank God these young people have grown up and now they can finally get back at their abusers and the ones who allowed it to be covered up, namely the WTBS, They are in fact the worst offenders of all, they allowed the abusers to continue when they knew full well children in the congregations were being sexually molested and beaten, and they did ABSOULTELY NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING!!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This program was a very powerful piece - much more so than Dateline. I felt horrible for what these young people went through but also very angry at the insensitivity shown by this organization. I think the program captured well the frustration of dealing with this group and how unwilling they are to provide honest answers to questions beyond their evasive media statements.

So many Witnesses have sacrificed much and have accepted much personal loss to protect the image of this organization. I am glad it is finally being exposed for what it is. Many will say that mistakes were made, but it is no mistake to fail to make ammends to the people you harmed and even worse to call those people liars or "apostates".

Hopefully changes will protect some children from these horrible crimes. But if "even one abused child is one too many", what will they do for the many that have already been harmed?

Path

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

24 hours later and I still feel sickened and sad rather than angry

To be honest, I had always thought that Silentlambs were overstating things and that the Org could not be as bad as they made out . But I believe it now.

Some of the cases on TV were not far from here. It made much more impact on me to see a "Brother" from Rugby in handcuffs than any number over there in the U S.. How could the elders allow it to happen??????

That case from Scotland was beyond belief . They just did not care about the kid. !

We gave the best years of our lives to that Org , and all the time it was a] in with the U N and b] protecting child molestors . You can get d/f for smoking a cigarette, but these ******** s get away with the worst crimes imaginable

I am just sickened, for the victims and all the cong's - they have all been fooled , and I am too choked to write sensibly.

If I knew how, I would put a string of angry smilies

• deceit
    deceit
    If I knew how, I would put a string of angry smilies

IF I KNEW HOW, THERE WOULD BE FISTS COMING THRU THE SCREENS AT THE IDIOTS IN BROOKLYN READING THIS!!

GB, How do you sleep at night?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit