Missed the Meeting

by konceptual99 27 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Thx OUTLAW. When I was a JW, I actually enjoyed missing meetings. I didn't think I was 'spiritually weak(TM)' either. I was just burned out
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

All I was doing was asking a question, not criticising.

NP Doltologist. I was not taking offence - just responding to your question.

In answer to your second question, the difference is that the latter has a much larger risk of (for me) breaking lots of social/family connections as well as attracting unwanted attention from the elders. The outcome for those more peripheral relationships is the same but a fade allows opportunity to work on family members and reduce the risk of being labelled an apostate.

And to anyone who doesnt "agree" with YOUR way of exiting, give em a big fat sloppy "f*ck you!" It's your business how you handle it. If they wanna judge, the Kingdom Hall is open Thursday night at 7:30--they'll find like-minded asshole dipshits like themselves.

I don't think it's as combative as that. All I know is that there are people here who think that a long fade does not really change that much as far as the end result is concerned and it's essentially fear of the unknown that is preventing someone like from simply standing up and saying what we know to be true. I have no problem with this, I just don't think you can be prescriptive either way. People's circumstances all differ. I don't think most people are judging and I actually am glad to be in a forum where there is freedom to express another opinion without it meaning that we cannot be friends.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    When I was a kid, the next best thing to missing a meeting on purpose was when there was a power outage at the Hall during the meeting or when my parents would forget to adjust the clocks for daylight savings time and we'd be an hour late......(Heaven for us kids)
  • curiousconfused
    curiousconfused

Indeed however since you are new here you probably don't know that I am on a long fade and working to get my family out with wrecking every family relationship that we have. You cannot force people to see the reality about the WTS so this is the path I am taking.

Hi Konceptual99 - my situation is very similar to yours reading your account - although I'm still serving as an elder.. so a bit behind you in your journey. I wondered how things were going, becoming conscious personally is one thing, but I see no movement in that direction from my wife, or indeed the kids.. with all my family "in" I feel the stakes are too high to make a clean break.. all ideas welcome!

Cheers

CC

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    TBH CC not much has changed other than less activity on my part. I am working myself up to telling my wife I simply don't believe it anymore but it's difficult finding the right words and time. I have to do it at some point - the kids are growing and slowly getting absorbed into the JW mindset. I have given up hoping my wife will wake up herself just through my cynicism so I have to raise the bar.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    My heart goes out to both of you guys and screams against the injustice of this family destroying cult. May your families remain intact and someday be free.
  • freddo
    freddo

@Konceptual and @confused

It is so much easier when you resign from being an elder. But you have to resist the urge to help your ex elders especially if there are few elders. You can feel guilty.

Step one is to get your wife to accept you are the way you are without running to the elders. Hammer home points you think will make her give you a free pass at home. E.g. Child abuse/generation/parents getting old, sick and dying even though they truly believed they would be in paradise by now.

Do they really want the same for their kids? Kids are paramount to most women.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

kc99 (can I call you that?) I did a fast fade over a period of 7 to 8 months. Everyone has to look at what they need to do. I have a JW wife who is too far "in" to get out, and I have no kids. No kids means no shunning by Grandma or a forced constant issue with my spouse over holidays, sports, hobbies, friends, future goals.

I tend not to agree with a very long fade, but that's me. As long as you have some progress- some goals. Your skipping some meetings sounds like you do have those.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit