Missed the Meeting

by konceptual99 27 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So yesterday was a lovely day where I live and so instead of going to the meeting we went, as a family, out for the late PM/early evening to have a BBQ. We were far more relaxed than if we had gone to the meeting. We spent far more time talking that if we had gone to the meeting. We spent far more quality time together than if we had gone to the meeting.

The interesting thing is that no one moaned about not going to the meeting, in fact one of the kids wanted to know when we had passed a certain time as that would mean it would be too late to even consider going.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist
    And that begs the question, so why are you wasting your life going to meetings of the evil cult?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Long may it continue.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    And that begs the question, so why are you wasting your life going to meetings of the evil cult?

Indeed however since you are new here you probably don't know that I am on a long fade and working to get my family out with wrecking every family relationship that we have. You cannot force people to see the reality about the WTS so this is the path I am taking.

Not everyone here agrees with my method but it's the way I am going and evenings like yesterday are small victories along the way.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Kon - Not everyone here agrees with my method but it's the way I am going and evenings like yesterday are small victories along the way.

I for one don't judge ou. Whatever works for you. You are master of your own ship.

Just glad you all enjoyed a good time away from the clutches of the slaveholdery.

• TheListener
    TheListener

good job Konceptual. I followed a similar path. I was able to free my children but not my wife. At some point in the fade you may have to get a bit more fadey and let the kids know, in some way maybe without verbally saying it, that it's ok if they don't want to go and you'll support them regardless.

Best of luck.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Many of us here - and all around the world - are on the same path, Doltologist.
  • blondie
    blondie

We miss all the meetings for 13 years now. But every Saturday and Sunday mornings as we enjoy pancakes, waffles, omelettes, and read the paper, we are so happy. We live near a KH and drive by it twice a day, sometimes during the meeting times and say how thankful we are not to be there.

How much better a bbq with the family or time at the beach.

Blondie

• cognitivedizzy
    cognitivedizzy
    Yeahhhhh, I missed the meeting yesterday too, not a call to find out, Looks like Fade is working!!!!!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sounds like fun!

If anyone queries your meeting attendance, try this:

I Haven't Missed a Meeting in Years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit