SILENTLAMBS: the movie/book

by dungbeetle 20 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Would you like to see:

SILENTLAMBS: Silent No More!!!

Published as a joint venture by Houghten Mifflin and Del Rey books, this moving narrative of the multi-national efforts of united group of Jehovah's Witnesses, non-Jehovah's Witnesses, and former Jehovah's Witnesses to change long-standing child abuse policy of the 120 year-old religious corporation, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

In the late 1800's a man named Charles Taze Russell undertook to establish a printing company with volunteer workers. It was successful, and years later, after his death his protege Joseph Rutherford built the company into what is today a near billion-dollar company. Along the way, there were clashes between this company and the people of the many countries into which members of the Watchtower traveled. Russell and Rutherford have often been credited with making lasting changes in the religious history of America, changes which spread to other countries as well.

In this modern day account of David and Goliath, Wiliam H. Bowen, a Jehovah's Witness, and his tiny band of volunteers and supporters today has grown into a worldwide campaign, calling for reform of the Watchtower's oppresive internal policy of silencing child abuse victims and rewarding the child abusers.

It details how, from his ranch-style home in Kentucky, he ran a campaign with donated funds and volunteer workers that, today is resulting in change in American child abuse legislation and is also affecting child abuse policy in Russia, France, Bulgaria, Africa, and South America. You can read the interviews with abuse survivors and how they cope today; read some of the personal histories of the volunteers and the various personal circumstances that bring together persons from such diverse backgrounds and many countries to work together on one issue. You will follow them as they travel to Ritzville, Washington for a trial; to Paducah, Kentucky for a Watchtower in-house judcial hearing.

The book ends with the Silentlamb's group's crowning achievement: the September 27, 2002 international Silentlambs March (also known as the Thousand Lambs March) to Brooklyn, New York; the march that changed the face of American religious history for all time, and the march that caused the entrance of William H. Bowen's name in the Who's Who of America.

Readers will finsish the book knowing that a small group of loosely allied but doggedly determined volunteers CAN make a difference; the vision of ONE man CAN make a difference.

Soon to be a major motion picture, coming to a theatre near YOU:

SILENTLAMBS: SILENT NO MORE!!!

From Universal Pictures, comes a movie that will change the way that the world views religious and civil reform. It traces the history of a small group of volunteers, begun by one man William H. Bowen, a Jehovah's Witness, that grows into a formidable group operating now from many countires of the world with members located on 5 continents. The movie begins in the living room of Bill Bowen and culminates in teh now-famous Silentlambs march in Brooklyn, New York in September, 2002.

This movie is a must see for ANYONE who does not believe that David, today, can win against Goliath. By the end of this movie YOU WILL BELIEVE!!!

Favored to be cast:

Mel Gibsen as young Bill Bowen

Noidea as young Sheila Bowen

Arnold Schwarzeneggar as present day Bill Bowen

Barbara Eden as Barbara Anderson

Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor as the Pandellos

Jennifer Lopez as Erica Rodriguez

Wynona Ryder as Holly Brewer

Hal Linden as Jeff Anderson

Sir Ian Mckellan as Raymond Franz

Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Ray Franz

Wesley Snipes as young J.R. Brown

Bryant Gumbel as present -day J.R.Brown

Martin Lawerence as Dr. Firpo Carr

Making cameo appearances as themselves: Kent Steinhaug, Simon Green, Randy Watters, Dr. Muromoto, Jim Moon and John Wirtanen, the Rawes.

Music soundtrack by REM available on audio cassette and compact disk.

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 16:40:25

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 18:7:3

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 19:24:11

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 19:28:48

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 21:55:22

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 21:58:35

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 23:1:51

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 23:8:45

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 23:11:50

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 23:13:15

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Brilliant Dungbettle! I'd buy a ticket.

Thousand Lambs March. I like it.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Sir Ian McKellan as Raymond Franz? Hey, I'd drop eight bucks to see that one!

Brian

• Simon
    Simon

ha ha ... love it !

Could we have Nichole Kidman in there somewhere though ... I'd love to meet her

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

For a moment I thought this was real!! Until I saw the list of actors. How about Mel Gibson for Bill's part?

Free

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'd like to add to this.

Wesley Snipes as J.R. Brown

Devon

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Forget Mel Gibson. Bill Bowen should be played by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Ah, I can just see the one-man assault on Brooklyn now! Just like a Watch Tower picture.

Expatbrit

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

NONONONONONO

Wesley is too cool and TOO BLACK for JR Brown casting.

You need somebody a lot more weasily, a lot whiter, a lot more annoying.

My vote goes to......Bryant Gumbel!

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

What about the soundtrack?

Got to have REM - It's The End Of The World As We Know It.

and perhaps

Deftones - My Own Summer (Shove It).

Ignored One.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I'd like to vote for Martin Lawerence for JR Brown.(no on 2nd thought, he's too funny...need someone pathetic).

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit