SILENTLAMBS MARCH

by silentlambs 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Grout
    Grout

What'd be cool is to have all j-w.com posters wear nametags with their nicks.
    Nice to put faces to names.

• alamb
    alamb

I'll be there. I would walk to this one.

I agree that we should remember the expense and time we put into field service, meetings, and conventions. We can't afford NOT to stand up now for what is right.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

The Sept. 27 2002 march will be a historic event!

The media coverage will encourage

other silenced abuse victims to file

charges against their abusers.

Thank you Silentlambs.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Jesika: Thanks for telling me Bill already has a permit, I guess I was just worried that he goes to all the work and then something would go wrong with the authorities. I know deep down this sort of thing Bill is well aware of, thanks for reminding me I have nothing to worry about. I would love to be there but as I said in my post I just can not afford to go on this trip as I live on a small pension and it is not possible but my thoughts will be with everyone who goes. My dearest friend Diane wanted to come to but her hubby just started a new job and it is half the wage her hubby was accustomed to getting so she can't come either. but our hearts are with all of you. Once again thanks Jesika. and i see you are a Newbie , welcome to the board.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Early October-Annual meeting of JW's

2 weeks are usually taken to tour Patterson etc.

Always a high tour time for Bethel.

• Simon
    Simon

shameless BTTT

• puppylove
    puppylove

I'll be there! I will even try to drag Ah ha with me!

Edited by - puppylove on 9 July 2002 15:25:10

• justhuman
    justhuman

That is very good Bill, we wish you all the luck

This is the only way that you can push the GB to change policy. Imagine if they had outside Brooklyn 2-3 a year demostrantions for many other subjects. I'm sure that when the GB feels the ground under their feet shacking, they will consider many other things.

Together we stand, divided we fall

Good luck

With love from Greece

• abbagail
    abbagail

CONGRATS on the public announcement about the March on the WT!
    Good reminder, Musto, about the Annual Meeting, etc.
    And Grout, good idea about nametags to faces of all the people on these forums. That'd be a hoot!
    I appreciate Bill's invitation to all, DF'd DA'd or whatever, it doesn't matter. I really like that.
    Due to disability, I don't see how I could ever make such a trip, so I sure hope it will be on the TV news. Live-as-it-happens Coverage would be great! Wouldn't it also be great to have all the local NY TV-personalities down there at 2 pm with their camera crews, Katie & Matt, David Letterman, Babs Walters, etc.

Will the ex &/or current mayors of NY be invited? Rudy G. would probably have a definite opinion about this sex abuse coverup, would he not?

Thanks to Bill & Silent Lambs for steamrolling this along w/o letup.

Many blessings on your work.
    Grits

• AussieMark
    AussieMark

I send congratulations on the march on Brooklyn...

Likely there will be media coverage...

I hope the walls of the Watch Tower (like Jericho) come tumbling down.

Please, all of you in the United States and Canada...make it a must to attend.

If only Australia was closer.

all my support

Mark in Australia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit