Two file sex abuse suit against Jehovah's Witnesse

by TexSham 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

This story was reported on Minnesota Public Radio this evening as well. It is getting well deserved coverage.

Thirdson

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dang,

Can't remember the name of that sister that changed my diaper! Seems she rubbed me the wrong way when puting on the A&D ointment! Do you suppose I have a case?

the caveman

• AngryXJW
  • hawkaw
    hawkaw

ahh .... gotta love news cycles.

Thanks MA - I'm glad you are around.

hawk

• Gopher
    Gopher

This story (including the news conference with Bill Bowen and Mr. Anderson and Miss Meyer) received extensive coverage, with a remote report, on all the major local news shows here in the MInneapolis area last night, and was repeated again this morning on the early morning local news.

Inexplicably, KSTP-TV identified Bill Bowen as "Bob Bowen". But aside from that, it was quite good. The exterior of the Annandale, MN Kingdom Hall was shown. Of course the local elders and this Lindala fellow were "unavailable for comment", and the WT Society issued its butt-covering blanket denial, which was quoted in whole or part on these reports. (Looks like they may be setting up the elders to face the legal trouble all on their own!!)

Very well done!

P.S., my parents came into town yesterday, I pray they saw this report. Dad's a JW elder, mom's a JW sheep.

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

VIDEO AVAILABLE____________________
    http://www.kstp.com/article/view/24039/

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

FRONT PAGE_____Unique, non-AP Article____________________________________________
    http://www.kare11.com

Edited by - AngryXJW on 3 July 2002 10:2:19

• AngryXJW
  • QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

ANGRY XJW---I am a fairly happy XJW today I got the top o line walker / 4 wheels / basket and seat it is candy apple red to boot..Doc. prescribed and Medi=Medi pays all..Daughter LISA was in AWE with it when I got back with it...my privat e-addy is [email protected] R victims from a long time ago -- though we have our problems--does not all have problems in one way or another Mother/Daughter has weather the storm quite well....My opinion of course...I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT HER she is a woman a lady now but still my baby my little LISA...Mamie kitty she is our ray of sunshine...HAVE AN OK 4th ALL as well as ANGRY XJW... (((((((HUGS)))))) QUEENIE and family

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I got into a long conversation with my parents last night about this. They were surprised, they had forgotten when I brought up the Dateline story, so I re-told them that, and also explained Silent Lambs to them. (Surprisingly they didn't ask how I knew so much about it-hahaha!--I think they accept me as little trivia speaker, and blooming polymath.) They were all for a change, and quite outraged. And I was pleased with the harmony of our conversation. But it was ruined by both my mother and father chiming in "well Jehovah sorts it all out in the end anyway" GRRR!

I responded with "yeah, but sometimes it helps to have local authorities speed up Jehovahs's process" to which they said nothing.

At one point my Dad implied that while awful this case was different than the Dateline case, because as far as we know, this young man never did it again once he got a little older (past the bloom of youth maybe?). I tried to explain that was highly unlikely since he most likely did not receive therepy for his actions, and most young offenders just grow up to be older offenders. We were at an impass on this arguement.

However this morning on the news, they interviewd his neighbor, as he was "unavailable" for comment. And she said "well my daughter told me a few months ago he was making passes at her, but I thought he was just a nice man, and she must have misunderstood him"

HA! I have to see if Channel 9 has this on transcript--my dad needs to read that!! He said this case was also different because he wasn't in a position of authority at the time, and that it wasn't an abuse of power. But clearly it is an abuse of power when you seem like "such a nice man".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit