The sad truth is, however, that not even the best

by Bleep 28 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bleep
    Bleep

Just add some more scriptual evidence to help out with this great topic here.

• Bleep
    Bleep

The sad truth is, however, that not even the best of parents can control everything that happens to their children. Ecclesiastes 9:11.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Nope, no one can prevent bad things from happening, no matter how hard they try, no matter how much they love their children, etc. That said, what you fail to realize or accept is that once something bad HAS happened to a child, i.e. molestation, the parents can THEN prevent further damage from occurring by getting the child the help they need and by not forcing them to be around the person who has hurt them, nor forcing them to keep silent "for the good of the congregation".

THIS is what is wrong with the way the WTS and BOE's handle issues of child abuse. That and the fact that many abusers are left to roam the Halls looking for further victims, while the majority of the congregation is left in ignorance of their danger.

Dana

• Bleep
    Bleep

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1993/10/8a/article_03.htm

This is the best way to stop Child Abuse.

Break the Cycle of Abuse

Under severe trial Job said: "My soul certainly feels a loathing toward my life. I will give vent to my concern about myself. I will speak in the bitterness of my soul!" (Job 10:1) Likewise, many parents have found that they can help their children by helping themselves. The Harvard Mental Health Letter noted recently: "Strong social sanctions against the expression of pain by men apparently perpetuate the cycle of abuse." It seems that men who never get to express their pain about having been sexually abused are more likely to become abusers themselves. The Safe Child Book reports that most child molesters were themselves sexually abused as children but never got help to recover. They express their pain and anger by abusing other children.#See also Job 7:11; 32:20.

The risk to children may also be higher when mothers do not come to terms with past abuse. For example, researchers report that women who were sexually abused as girls often marry men who are child abusers. Furthermore, if a woman has not come to terms with past abuse, she may understandably find it difficult to discuss abuse with her children. If abuse occurs, she may be less able to discern it and take positive action. Then the children pay an awful price for the mother's inaction.

Thus, abuse may pass from one generation to the next. Of course, many individuals who choose not to discuss their painful past seem able to cope well enough in life, and that is commendable. But in many the pain is deeper, and they do need to make a concerted effortincluding, if necessary, seeking competent professional helpto heal such severe childhood wounds. Their goal is not to wallow in self-pity. They want to break this sick, hurtful cycle of child abuse affecting their family.See Awake! of October 8, 1991, pages 3 to 11.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Ah, I see yet again that you are sidestepping the issue of the WTS's culpability. Typical. Let me ask you this Bleep, do you have any experience in dealing with victims of child abuse or are you just parroting what you've been told to think?

Dana

• Bleep
    Bleep

Yea my nephew. My mother paid for a hearing so he can live with us since his family was abusive. Sidestepping was not my intent.

• SYN
    SYN

So does that mean you want all parents to ignore molestation then?

RIGHT ON, BRUVER!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Bleep:

So what is your solution? You say that children should not be around abusers-so then why would you go to a KH?????

• Bleep
    Bleep

Seek competent professional help to heal such severe childhood wounds after the damage is done.

Now If we have some people still wanting to abuse them then we should read this.

After all isnt this a gift (children) from God? Of course we should protect them.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1985/1/22/article_01.htm

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Do you have any documents for us to read that are not from the WatchLiar library?? Maybe some UN articles???? Ooops my bad, thats another topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit