The new focus on This Generation is 70 C.E., Not Today

by FusionTheism 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Average lifespan of Roman citizen was 33 to 45 depending on the province and social status. Therefore, majority of people born and living through the time of Jesus was already gone when Romans sacked Jerusalem.

Could be, but besides the young people, a lot of old people were in Jerusalem when God destroyed it, particularly the wicked and adulterous contemporaries of Jesus-just as Jesus promised.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The book of Matthew wasn't written until after the destruction of Jerusalem.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"By no means will the generation of the year 70 AD pass away (except the ones that do)."

• steve2
    steve2

The word "generation" continues to generate speculation. As it was in the 19th Century, so it continues into the 21st. Join an over-crowded club of several overlapping generations.

"Truly I say to you, This speculation will by no means end - even in the face of mountainous stupidity" (steve2).

• rege  brazzy
    rege brazzy
    yes, I agree
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think Steve2's prophecy above is going to be fulfilled for a long time yet. Humans for many centuries have speculated, and formulated "prophecies", about the End, and End Times.

The silly thing is that it is more or less 100% certain that "Matthew" was written after 70 C.E, so both "his" words and Luke's of course, are not Prophecy at all, simply fictitious propaganda to build the Jesus Cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit