Gopher meets w/District Over...

by lauralisa 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

BEER!!!!!!!!

As you can see, he didn't mind getting counseled, not one bit. Valis provided firm but loving direction and even let me stay in the room during the committee meeting. Everyone was happy and encouraged, and I personally took the advice to consume larger quantities of beer on a regular basis to heart.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

ACK! The photos at webphotos don't work... try these people instead...

www.strike9.com

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Thanks Amanda - DOH! Tryin Yahoo here

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/9b8a35e/bc/My+Photo+Album/panimals.jpg?bcsQBS9A7L_tGO0p

Edited by - lauralisa on 1 July 2002 11:53:48

Allright, laura's clueless. Ack

Edited by - lauralisa on 1 July 2002 11:55:4

• SYN
    SYN

I'm sure Valis provided "beer at the proper time"!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Actually during the Overbeer's last talk, I got a little weepy...it was a beautiful thing!

FEEL THE LOVE! ~ Grab some boobs? Hmm, I dunno, my notes are a little beer stained....

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes, the district overbeer counselled me personally, and as always, such spiritual upbuilding was much appreciated and will long be remembered even after Valis returns home to Texas.

And as Joanna said, he had kind and loving counsel for the apostofest group as a whole. We were reminded not to neglect the freedom that we have now that we're apart from the Borg, and to use our time wisely because we actually HAVE time now that we're out from under the borg's control. It was a wonderful concluding talk to the day's activity, which started at a local bar/restaurant, and concluded at the aposto-barbecue-fest.

• Valis
    Valis

As I sit with laura and get ready to depart for the even greater north, I thought a few words with more to come were in order. It was indeed an uplifting day as I meet so many of you happy people and have been very fortunate to have shared in the Apostafest. The Dali Laura and Evan have been quite the hosts as well. Now as to Gophers counsel. he graciously accepted my loving counsel in regards beer and one can only hope that after mowing the Kingdom hall grass the fruitage of his self sacrifice and attention to counsel will be evident. Oh, and the watermelon was yummy too. laura has proven to be the worst association I have had to endure in a long while. I'm sure I'll have to unlearn several bad habits and try to remember the good ones I have gleaned. Well, I'm off and will report more soon...very soon.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "great northern" class.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

sounds like you guys had a blast! i am sad that i missed all the fun. hugs to you guys
     harmony, the missing apostate 

Edited by - peaceloveharmony on 1 July 2002 13:52:9

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

It was such a blast......in fact, I was speechless on the drive home (Filthy thanks all of you for that!).

I can't wait until September when I get to see everyone again.

We are anxiously awaiting Travis' arrival in the "woods". Eye and I have a fun filled week planned for him.

It was so fantastic to place faces with names and what was more wonderful was how great everone is! And, yes, District Overbeer's farewell speech made a lump in my throat too.

I too have some pictures that I will post......

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Here are the pictures I took......I do need help though w/some names! Take a look and tell me again who they were! (they are the pictures w/out captions).

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=55006

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit