Got Given A Witness Today.

by Englishman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

There I was, enjoying a lovely warm morning in sunny Winscombe in deepest Somerset whilst working on a clients roof, when out of the corner of my eye I espied 3 ladies sauntering up the road at a leisurely 0.5mph.

Aha, I thought, that looks like The Pioneer Crawl, there's dubs on the horizon!

I had my car parked in the customers driveway, so I thought to myself "Why not take a break now, sit in the car and munch my BLT, and see if they approach?".

Sure enough, after a few minutes 2 of the 3 strolled up the driveway, where I was sat in the drivers seat with the door open and my legs outside, blocking off their access. They walked up and began a conversation. This is how it went, they are in red.:

Good morning!

Mornin' my deario.

Are you the householder?

No, I be a-workin' fer em, they bain't 'ere.

Well that's OK, we talk to workmen too.

Ooo!

I'd like to give you these 2 magazines to read.

Orl right my luvver..ah! (Switches from English yokel to academic mode) Oh dear oh dear, you have been getting some bad press lately, haven't you?

Er.. we have? Why.. what..who...?

About all these paedophiles that you have in your church! I just watched an American programme called dateline that showed there were lots of paedophiles in the Jehovahs witnesses.

Oh come on, if there were paedophiles they would be thrown out! We're not like the catholics you know!

Ah well, according to the programme that I saw, they could only be thrown out if there were 2 or 3 witnesses to the offence.

Well..I..(here you could see a light being switched on in her mind) er...umm..yes well, most of these cases are caused by children who just want to put someone down, they make these claims out of spite!

Oh, I see.

And off they went.

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 27 June 2002 14:11:14

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFLMAO

It baint fair, I tell ya. These durned 'posaaates know maaar than we do!

Nicely done, squire.

• Simon
    Simon

ha haa ... I like the accent.

I am surprised they talked to you at all though if your legs were showing (mustn't have been bare )

I'm sure it will make her think as it gets more media attention.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

"The Pioneer Crawl" LOL! I used to be the master of that when I lived in the UK!

• obiwan
    obiwan

er...umm..well...Well what cat got her tongue ay Englishman,love it just love it,makem squirm.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

luved yur post...Englishman!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Another example that shows the Witnesses prey on the naive.

Dubs going door-to-door stand no chance against an informed person.

Excellent job Englishman.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Informed by Satan?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Not without good reason has it been said that a wav file of that conversation would be wonderful!

Simon, get mini-Simon on this post haste!

• outnfree
    outnfree

OK, all in all it was amusing AND pointed up how informed householders stump them...

But did no one else get offended at the sister's contention that these cases are started by children who want to get adults in trouble (OH how I HATE that I cannot see E-man's post to quote from!)???

That just BURNS me up! Sure, blame the kids! We all know how powerful kids are in the JW organization...[rolling my eyes]

out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit