District Convention Drama Talk

by silentlambs 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

Blatant mind control at its best - WT I salute you - you continue to refine the art of double speak.

Do not trust ANY of the media - it's all controlled by Satan! Let's throw the UN NGO library defense into the mix too - what hypocrisy!

I hope that if I was in the audience huge red BS flags would have been flashing in my mind, along with a strong feeling of nausea - then again, I was in a different "state of mind(lessness)" 4 years ago.

Bill - thanks for the post

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Lady lee: Good catch about Baruch ... if those words were actually what the speaker stated, it will not be mentioned in the magazines ... and JWs will be left to distrust their memories ... I got burned that way over the years, hearing and noting something at the assembly ... and then never seeing it in print or having anyone else recall hearing it ... but, if the Society does print something, I am sure that they will have a very convoluted complex justification.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Makena1 - where does one purchase such BS flags...

Is it not typical of the WTBTS?? Anything and everything that does not support it originates with 'Satan'!

They are saying nothing new under the sun...just ironic how under pressure they must be feeling right now!! Its time to bomb their audiences with Satanic teachings to be avoided! Too late...I think more people are waking up...I think they are squirming in their hot little seats...their great crowd numbers must be diminishing!! ha!

Beck

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

and they all will say:

Wasn't the drama great? (tm)

BTW, this is off the subject, but I found out last year that many talks given at the conventions are known as "manuscript" talks - where the speaker gives the talk word-for-word as it came from Brooklyn, no outline or anything. Not only that, but another brother follows along to make sure that it is repeated exactly as written. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.

It was that and the Korah Nadab & Abiram "don't question us, we're the annointed GB" drama that really got my head spinning after last year's convention.

• Bhagavad
    Bhagavad

THE VERY NEAR FUTURE. They can keep saying that for another 1,000 years and will still be supported by the gullible.

• belbab
    belbab

I attended the assembly on Vancouver Island and I heard that talk and made notes; I posted a thread on it at:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=30437&site=3

I thought at district assemblies the talks were all pre-prepared and were read word for word at assemblies. What I heard and what is recorded in Silent Lambs transcript are not quite the same in wording. I distinctly heard certain phrases, misinformation and propaganda, was one of them. The speaker I heard enumerated, one two three four. things in the world that are to be avoided as harmful influences.

The part that I heard which is similar to this quote in SLs transcript.

If Jeremiah was living in the 21st Century what association or trust would he have placed in the media, TV and worldly news sources? He would have had nothing to do with them knowing they were part of Satan's world. .............

...........let us make it our resolve not to be associated with or listen to those who criticize us using worldly sources controlled by Satan. Jehovah is stronger than Satan and whatever the media might say they cannot win against us.

These words may have been watered down. They still say the same thing in the SL transcript that I tried to emphasize in my post. That the news media is part of Satans world and what they say about Jehovahs Witnesses is misinformation and propaganda. So when we have any opportunity to discuss things with the press, I am sure the media reporters would be glad to hear where the WT is coming from.

The speaker that I heard definitely used the text Ephesians 5:32, But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you, after the above comments about the news media. In other information put out by the WT part of their defense has been that they have the right to forgive any repentant pedophiles

So I am led to believe that the thread of his talk went like this: We live in troublesome times, we must stay focused (TM) (word used at least three times) Do not be alarmed at news media reports, they are from Satan . Mistakes are made, like Baruch, who had difficulty focusing. So freely forgive one another.. but he didnt say what for.

William Penn, made an audio tape of this talk. Perhaps someone could take the time to compare his audio tape with the transcript of Bills talk.

Either the WT is watering down their talks, or they are allowing different talks at different assemblies to add diversity and maybe giving some leeway to the speakers. The speakers may be preparing their talks from an outline, but they still seem to be reading it.

I regret the length of this post, but feel that we need to see what they are doing and to expose their foot in mouth postures for all to view.

belbab

• anewlife
    anewlife

What really gets me is they will say that the media, TV and such is "part of Satan's world" IF they speak of the Borg in a negative light.....HOWEVER, how many times have we heard....from the convention podium no less, that the media has commented on what "upstanding people JWs are" and "their dress and conduct is modest and mannerly" blah, blah, blah.

So......Is this the SAME media that spews forth with misinformation and propaganda and is part of Satan's world?......Oh no, no, no, .....apparently when the media says the things JWs want to hear t then they somehow magically become "truthful, honest and upstanding in journalism etc.

Another fine example of how the organization picks and chooses what to believe and what not to believe, based merely on arrogance and brainwashing control!

anewlife

• Englishman
    Englishman
    It is interesting to note all age groups hated him and joined in the ridicule of this faithful servant of Jehovah.

In the drama, elders and little boys joined in persecuting faithful Jeremiah.

Is this another way of saying that persecution is brought upon JW's by misbehaving elders and their victims?

Englishman.

• anglise
    anglise

Isnt "watching the World" 2 pages in the back of every Awake dedicated to quotes from this very source that they hold up as satanic?

That must mean that someone somewhere in the vaults of Brooklyn is trawling through the media to produce these articles. Surely not such a good idea if it is all so wicked!!

Or are they saying that some of what is produced by satans system is useful and true. We would agree with that.

Anglise

• Naomimara
    Naomimara

A KEY TO ALWAYS REMEMBER ABOUT TRUTH IS -

Truth can never be "slander"

Truth can never be "false propoganda"

Truth can never cause harmful "divisions"

And Truth will never promate the interests of Satan

Jehovah has more than often used "strange" sources to promote the Truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest