What do you do for work and play?

by roybatty 42 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

Hey, LB! First product on the woodshop agenda (after I buy the radial arm saw) is a workbench. Then, I'm going to build a gazebo in my yard, out in a shady area and overlooking the site of my future vegetable garden. Have you ever built a chest with a curved top? I made one for my sister years ago, as a hope chest before she was married. Later I made one as a toy chest for the daughter of a girlfriend. I followed a pattern at first, but after I understood how it worked I did the second one myself, and it turned out better. Use some fancy brass trim for the bottom corners and handles on the side, and a sliding lift-out tray under the lid inside. I figure I'll knock out a few of those as gifts for special friends.

I built a 12 x 20 workshop at a place I lived before, with a workbench lining one long wall and double doors at one end. It was great. Had Craftsman tools except, the jointer was Rockwell. I'm starting fresh now, about to get the "radio alarm saw" (as a friend of mine once called it) sometime this month.

Edited by - COMF on 30 June 2002 0:4:20

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

I work for WorldCom Wireless.

For fun I like to tell people I work for WorldCom Wireless.

Just kidding.

• butalbee
    butalbee

I have a 900 sex hotline.

Yeah right........

I used to be the customer service manager at a supercenter. I stepped down for certain reasons {DUB disturbences}, and took a job at the same store but in a different department. I am now the scanning coordinator. Although, my old job is not filled yet. Now I can hide from dub customers, dimwitnesses employee's{one in particular}, and I no longer responsible for playing secretary to the store manager. As long as I look busy, I'm left alone.

For fun?

Cream Corn Wrestling..........just joking.

I'm into Gardening, photography, writing, I have a wild cat(african Serval), who takes up alot of my time. It's summer, and I love being outside, going to the beach, taking walks in the woods, camping, swimming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit