Favorite JW Celebs!

by professor 51 Replies latest jw friends

• meat pie
    meat pie

What about Trevor McDonald? ITV news and current affairs presenter, I heard he had been an elder.Wouldn't say he's a favourite of mine though, horribly sycophantic. As for a least favourite, don't quote me, it might have come to nothing, but a couple of years ago I heard Peter William Sutcliffe (The Yorkshire Ripper) was working towards baptism...

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

I have to agree with LL "... Theresa Graves from Laugh0in and Get Christy Love."

Theresa was a big name JW in the 60s in the USA. She made a big hit with Brooklyn when she gave up her "worldly career" to become a full time preacher for the JWs. What a shame; she was beautiful, talented and had a bright future in front of her. She threw it all away to pioneer. Ugh!

Edited by - Sam Beli on 23 June 2002 13:39:17

• terafera
    terafera

George Benson was a jw....I lived in Kauai for over 13 years and met him a few times at the assemblies in Honolulu. My mother and I were shocked when watching Arsenio (back in the early 90's)...he came out singing wearing a huge glittery cross!!!

So he must be answering another calling?

and Ja Rule!????!?? I've never heard he was a jw! ?? Really?? 'Everybody start livin it up..' Well if he is/was, he sure knows how to party now!

Edited by - terafera on 23 June 2002 14:24:40

• Mac
    Mac

You left out Eve Arden and Leslie Uggums (and don't forget , everybodies best friend or mother-in-law saw Glenn Campbell get Baptized!)

• Solace
    Solace

I didnt even know Selina was a witness.. Boy, she was a victim wasnt she?. Its so tragic how her life ended. She was beautiful and very talented.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jacksonville.com/special/athletes_of_century/stories/16.shtml

Mark McCumber, the golfer, is a JW and even went to Bethel.

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_jw.html

Famous Jehovah's Witnesses

• Venus and Serena Williams - world chamption/Olympic gold medalist tennis players
    • Michael Jackson - singer, pop superstar
    • Prince - singer; convert to JWs
    • Janet Jackson - singer
    • La Toya Jackson - singer
    • Jackson Five - musical group
    • Selena - Tejano singer (Selena Quintanilla)
    • Larry Graham - singer; member of Sly And The Family Stone between 1967 and 1972, founder of Graham Central Station
    • David Thomas - songwriter/vocalist for Pere Ubu; convert to JWs
    • Herman Pizzanelli - leading Uruguayan concert guitarist in the 1960's; convert to JWs

• Lou Whitaker - professional basketball player (Detroit Tigers)

• Evelyn Mandela - first wife of South African president Nelson Mandela; a convert to JWs
    • Lieby Piliso - Nelson Mandela's younger sister
    • Rene Montes de Oca Martija -- dissident human-rights activist in Cuba (son of JW)

• Wayans Brothers - comedians, actors, filmmakers
    • Rustom Padilla - Filipino movie star
    • Carmina Villarroel - Filipino actress

• Gloria Naylor - novelist, author of The Women of Brewster Place (1982, American Book Award)
    • Mickey Spillane - best-selling crime novelist; convert to JWs in 1952 (still active)

• Viv Nicholson - famous London lottery winner in 1961. She then became a devout JW. The musical Spend, Spend, Spend was based on her story.

Edited by - Blondie on 23 June 2002 18:30:23

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Jeanette McDonald and/or her husband Nelson Eddie. Man, am I old. ALso one of the Supremes...(not Diana)

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Don't forget about Naomi Campbell! I think there was a recent post about her JW upbringing.

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Naomi Cambell?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Naomi Campbell is a supermodel. OOOH LA LA.

Edited by - Gopher on 23 June 2002 20:16:24

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit