The monthly broadcast as an opportunity to wake up

by paradisebeauty 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like I keep saying, JWTV just might be the best thing to happen to the GB and us...

...the GB have found their true calling, and we've been proven right all along.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I think jwtv would be off putting for the more conservative JWs, in UK for example, we don't go for the egotistical, self-congratulating thing generally and if it comes with an American accent and over the top gestures and fake expressions of how much they love and want to help us, even worse! Smacks way too much of tellyevangelism.

But what I think would do even more damage is seeing the GB convention talks where they're less careful, especially Anthony Morris re child baptism etc, 'explain that one to heaven' yuk! Also the praising of parents shunning their kids, talking about Armageddon dead as hot dogs on a spit, these talks could really wake people up, I hope a lot more of the r&if see those videos.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

You never know. These men on what OUTLAW correctly called 'the idiot show', remind me of an old Jamaican song. The higher the monkey climbs, the more he expose.

It depends what the R&F have invested in the cult as to whether they'd leave after the idiot show.

Fingers crossed!

Maybe the glorious ones are exposing too much. Wanting too much worship that something,s got to give.

We will see. Personally, I don't think the WBT$ is going down yet.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I DO know that these ridiculous videos of the GB would have woken me up if I wasn't awake already.
  • done4good
    done4good
    FMF - We are far more aware of content with the JW's, the Bible, the Broadcasts than in R&F. They just check out, do their time, look at the pretty lights, then rave about how wonderful the koolaid tastes. You have to pay attention to wake up.

I agree with your and Steve2'a thoughts on this. However, I would add that there are still thinking JWs among the ranks, and this is the kind of stuff that causes extreme CD for them. What I have noticed is that this type tend to tune out a lot of this, becoming increasingly apathetic towards what comes off the platform. They may in fact never mention it at all, but slowly the apathy builds.
    Once that happens, there is a tendency for them to become very susceptible to something putting them over the edge. I think that explains a lot of the recent activity here.
    d4g

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I just recently became aware of JW- Broadcasting while listening to John Cedar's rebuttal of them on youtube.The broadcasts are both fascinating and disgusting. I have been watching them non-stop, when I am not working, for about five days. I cannot believe they tell such lies. I cannot believe how they encourage patents to blackmail their children into getting baptized by not letting those children, who qualify for a drivers license, obtain a drivers license. Their pleas for money are disgusting.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ panhandlegirl...

I can't decide if Pat Robertson would be impressed with how far they've come, or rolling his eyes at how green they still are at it.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    JW Broadcasting helps me to see I made the right decision....to continue the early yet needed process to fade out. a mess...
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting

My thought is, that the GB selects a theme for the monthly broadcast and connects it with "send monetary contributions, spend more time in the ministry".

Theme-mercy

Application-" send monetary contributions, spend more time in the ministry".

Theme-persecution

Application-" send monetary contributions, spend more time in the ministry".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit