World Cup (spoiler)

by gsx1138 15 Replies latest jw friends

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

The U.S. has beat Mexico 2-0

For those of you who don't know me I used to play soccer.

I even went to the World Cup.

This is the only time I went to the World Cup.

So you know, I'm the guy in the green stripes.

Needless to say I've not played Soccer since.

gsx1138

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Living in northern Mexico, ie. Los Angeles, it was a "dark" morning, lol...Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole...USA, USA :)

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Bet the Germans are shaking in their lederhosen!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Rumour has it that out of the six hundred million people who watched the USA hammer Mexico so superbly, at least 4 of them were Americans.

....and 3 of them had to watch it on the Spanish channel.

Englishman.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

So I stayed up until 1:30 am to watch the game. Nice to see the US make it this far. The yellow cards were flying to say the least.

I've coached soccer. Little girls. The kids were great. The parents? ugh! Too much of their ego invested in the play of their kids. Seen some refs having to red card parents.

I live in Southern California, USA. Most soccer fans here were rooting for Mexico.

Andee

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Yes! E-man,

That was me, watching it on ESPN.

• Valis
    Valis

Eman...I resemble that remark! I watched it last night. I was a good game, even if to my untrained eye it looked at though Mexico was playing rough. Probably just par for course and I just got my feeling hurt...*L*

GGGGGOOOAAALLLLLLLL.....Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal GGGGGOOOAAALLLLLLLL

Sincerely.

District Overbeer

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe
    USA hammer Mexico so superbly

USA? Oh, you must mean the US open. I think Tiger won.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Wow, 2 of the 4 post here!

Englishman.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Make that 2 Americans who watched ESPN last night .

I'm glad the U.S. won, of course, but they played very sloppy. If they play like that versus Germany, the Saudi Arabia game will look like a nail biter. Despite their efforts to play a "defensive" game, Mexico had their way with them, and only the goalie Friedel kept the U.S. from being home today. However, their two scoring chances were exicuted greatly. Lets hope they play better against Germany, and that the referees aren't as quick to pull out cards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit