JW's NOT identified by a symbol!!

by The Searcher 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I am actually glad to see this sort of garbage the org encourages!

With the changes in SOOOOO many teachings, and the blatant "distract and divert" tactics of gimmiks like this, it makes it so much clearer that this is NOT god's organization.... 

Can anyone say "cult"? 

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder
    They have come out in print with a different stance on "symbols" since? - cappytan

No of course not - they would never risk being accused of idolatry.

But.....With all this fanfare over jw.org pins and such - their silence speaks volumes!

-TE

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TTATTelder - "...their silence speaks volumes"

You said it.

I'd have thought the GB'd balk at this at least, but damn...

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If the Org had gained the copyright of the magical JAY UU. ORG logo, they'd be suing everybody for "abuse" of their intellectual property. 

Then they'd market their own JAY UU. ORG merchandise - big time!

• clarity
    clarity

I had a chance to make nice with an old "conditional friend" yesterday.

It went quite well actually, had to bite my tongue a bit, but all in all it was a warm smiley conversation.   Well .... until I blurted out that those blue things nailed on the kh fence really smacked of idolatry! Don't they?

Oh boy, the freezing cold that blew in between us just made me button up my winter coat and get out of there!

clarity 

• Splash
    Splash

A more recent quote:

*** km 4/09 p. 4 Question Box ***

"Congregations or individuals should not use logos or names of the organization’s legal entities, or variations thereof, on their Kingdom Halls, signs, letterhead, personal objects, and so forth...
    The Watch Tower logo, or a variation of it, should not be used in future Kingdom Hall projects even if the Kingdom Hall is owned by a Watch Tower entity."

Splash

• Glitchy
    Glitchy

Thanks Splash!

I was trying to find the complete quote from that KM. I found it on Facebook. A JW trying to inform others using that KM how JW dot Org merchandise is inappropriate. He was met with resistance. Interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.hanes.39/posts/1480769045499045

By the way, its an open post and you don't have to sign in to FB to view it.

Glitchy, the good Glitch

• stillin
    stillin

Interesting that these things are referred to as "icons."

look it up

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The .Org formerly known as the Society formerly known as the Bible students formerly known as, the Russellites formerly known as.......

The masters of re-invention

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Glitchy, That's an interesting Facebook thread.

It's very notable that the majority of posters cannot compose a coherent sentence that isn't also filled with multiple spelling errors. So much for "Divine Education!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit