Owwwww... So SUNBURNED ... Owwwwww

by joeshmoe 14 Replies latest jw friends

• saltiest
    saltiest

I've been burned way too many times to count, including blistering, thanks to my Norweigian skin. Good advice from everyone, especially the aloe vera and the Vitamin E. One thing I started doing the last time I got burned was buy a body wash that had Vitamin E. Usually I just put Aloe with E on me but I usually pealed eventually. Using the body wash (I buy St. Ives, but there are different brands) prevented any pealing at all.

Good luck with the recovery!

Alicia

• COMF
    COMF
    so white I typically outduel the sun

Take it from me: ultrawhiteboys have three shades of skin: white, red and peel. Then the cycle starts over. Put on the sun block. SPF 50, probably.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I'm with Comf on this one. Being of the 'very fair class' myself, there are indeed those three 'shades'. I don't go out in the summer without an spf of at least 30. I sat on my doorstep yesterday and I think I blinded a couple of passer-bys with the sun reflecting off my skin. I've given up looking for any shade of tan. It aint gonna happen.

dude - get some serious sunblock. Those burns are not healthy. And do NOT put anything on your sunburned skin that is going to hold in the heat.

I'd hug you - but it would hurt ... so I'll spray cool water in your direction. Take good care of you - and stay outa the sun til you heal!

Mimilly

• Francois
    Francois

Alright all you sun bunnies.

As soon as you're feeling better, go to a dermatologist and get yourself checked out for melanoma. I thought that was a stupid idea, too. But I went and had a 1.15 mm melanoma. Another couple of months and I'da been dead.

F

• Been there
    Been there

Poor baby, I feel your pain.

"SPA Professional" natural aloe vera AFTER SUN RELIEF GEL / with Lidocaine. Great stuff. Its a blue clear gel, I keep it in the fridge for extra comfort. It heals, cools and numbs. Has vit. A,D, & E in it.

I tan easily so I don't need it to often.

I stopped taking many pictures of my four yr. old granddaughter, she is so pale she would glow in the pictures from the flash. I wasted so much film.

Don't forget the Advil, really helps.

KY Been

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit