Owwwww... So SUNBURNED ... Owwwwww

by joeshmoe 14 Replies latest jw friends

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Ok, I'm pretty much gonna be online all day, since I can do nothing else but sit here in my underwear, touch nothing, and curse the sun. Damn Texas sun! Damn You! OWWWWWW. Damning takes to much movement. I'll have to settle for strong indignation.

Does anybody have a tube of that cool gel you're supposed to put on sunburns? Just squirt some through the computer on me, cause I can't get up to walk across the room without pain, so I'm sure not going to the store to buy some.

OWWWWWW. If only the Elders in my old hall knew. All they'd have to do is come over and tap me on the shoulder to exact their revenge!

• COMF
    COMF

You might try soaking in a tub full of cold water.

Getting your girlfriend to slide ice around on your skin might help too.

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

I think I'll combine those.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

you need some aloe vera lotion with some vitiman e in it. or else your in for a painful recovery. ooouch!!

the ice sounds nice but to intense though inticing especially with your girl friend doing it.

keep kool!!

orangefatcat

one kool kat!!

Edited by - orangefatcat on 15 June 2002 13:16:51

• Scully
    Scully

Take some anti-inflammatory painkillers too - something like Advil or Motrin.

Cool bath, lots of fluids, aloe vera lotion with some Vitamin E are also good choices.

Next time, try sunscreen before you go out. It's that ounce of prevention that everyone raves about.

Love, Scully

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

poor baby. think cool. or watch movies set in winter, like 'fargo'. and keep your fluids up, and eat posicles, 'cause when you have a sunburn, you also run a higher body temperature and can dehydrate yourself. as for me, i plan on escaping this desert heat as soon as i click "reply to topic".

"in your underwear" hmm?

you can find cool pics like these, and other awesome pop culture stuff here (have fun!):

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~popcult/net.htm

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe
    Next time, try sunscreen before you go out. It's that ounce of prevention that everyone raves about.

The thing is, I'm so white I typically outduel the sun as a primary light source for those near me. I simply assumed that physics was on my side. As a mathematically pure white surface, i assumed I would be impervious to any kind of absorption.

OWWWW... just thinking about my skin burning makes my skin burn.

What did I just say? I think I'm delirious!

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Better still, get a bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care lotion with Aloe and Naturals. Best moisturizer on the market and really helps the skin. Better than many Aloe formulas found in heath stores at twice the price. And you may even find it in the supermarket. Take care of that skin, sunburn can cause melenoma cancer.

Joseph

• rekless
    rekless

This hurts but will turn the red into a nice brown. You must do it as soon as you get out the sun.

Apple vinegar, burns like hells but draws all the heat out ., and you should not blister.

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Thanks for the good advice all. Guess I'll have to get off my fat (burned) butt and grab some stuff at the store. Wish me luck! All of my skin might melt off in the car!

sunburn can cause melenoma cancer

Thanks for the rosy thought Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit