Anderson Appeal Ltrs -Adversarial WT

by silentlambs 26 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Anderson's attorney requested an extension. Brother Matthews stated they preferred to only deal with sister Anderson. To which the attorney replied, "I am authorized by Mrs. Anderson to deal with you, we are requesting an extension. I have a busy day Saturday and I need an answer this evening." Matthews replied, "I need to make a phone call."

About thirty minutes later Matthews calls back and says, "OK we can allow an extension but we will have to consult to see if we approve the future date. We will have to get back with you next week."

That ended the conversation.

ANDERSON IS STILL STANDING! No hearing this weekend.

• LDH
    LDH

Danny Bear,

Your first post hit me like a ton of bricks!!! I think that could be KEY to this whole thing.

You said:

Irony is they like to 'use' legalistic terms like. judicial, witnesses, appeals, investigate, adversarial, all taken from 'worldly' court systems, but conveniently sidestep any the real intent of these words where it suits them.

Sure come to our hearing (jc meeting) but you can't bring an attorney. You can appeal, but when you do, we will only talk about your spiritual state, nothing about the real cause or issue you were found guilty and executed (df) for. What unambiguous tripe=BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT

That my friend is something I hadn't even thought of. If this is a "Spiritual Court" why are they using the words of "Caesar's Law?"

Highly Interesting.

Lisa

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Barbara, the issue has become whether or not you should have a lawyer at the judicial meeting. The basis for not having one, according to the WTBTS, is that the meeting is not adversarial. It is evident that the meeting is in fact adversarial and this point,once established, will justify having you attorney present. The local body of Elders needs to be sued on this point. Their defense itself is "prima facia" that they are adversaries. The WTBTS is trying to use the First Ammendment "separation" idea to allow them to proceed according to church rules. They made a mistake by claiming that they are not adversaries.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Lisa,

Just like the wedding ring, white bride gowns, social security, welfare, government loans, you name it, they are the first to stand in line.

But your considered of your father the devil, if you wish your child a happy birthday, or some other henious crime like sending a mother's day card!!! Oh the evilness of it...yeah right.

That damn Judge Rutherford got them started on the path of picking and choosing thier "acceptable" pagan rituals. He did away with the flag, christmas, holiday's almost in one fell swoop. Whata guy you gotta love da judge. Dickhead, egomaniac if there ever was one.

He wanted wanted his troops out there getting thier heads knocked in, because of the military stand, flag salute.....he was in hog heaven to think his little religion would make an average joe, suffer beatings, tar and feathering, just to play his bombastic 78 LP's. Swaggering, 16 cylinder cadillac, silk stuffed shirt that he was.

Don't get me started Lisa, I go off on rants...as you can see.

Thanks for the comments.

Danny

• garybuss
    garybuss

I would get an attorney if they DIDN'T disfellowship me.

I wouldn't spend one cent to fight to keep my name associated with weasel Inc.

'

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yadira,

:Farkel, what is tne next WISE STEP Barbara should take?

She should follow the advice of her attorney. She's got a great attorney, and those window-washers are headed for some deep shit if they continue acting like drone-idiots marching lock-stepped to the orders of their religious masters in Brooklyn.

Farkel

• TMS
    TMS
    Mr. Brumley "The worst thing for us is a well educated balanced former witness" They are used to the foaming at the mouth rabid apostates of years past. They do not know what to do with reasonable well spoken individuals like you.

Barbara Anderson and many others are as described above. Their voices do not necessarily quiver with emotion as they are able to articulate what is good and what is bad with respect to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Bill Bowen is another example of one who acquits himself well in interview.

TMS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit