NEW JW POLICY POSTED!!!

by amac 67 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

"I can't believe that I am having to argue that the fact that WT have documented that it is OK for JWs to report allegations to the authorities IS A GOOD THING!!!!"

Sadly, neither can we, but when the Watchtower uses statements like that, you and I both KNOW exactly what is meant by them...

It is YOUR right to do anything YOU want to, and it is YOUR right to go against Jehovah... We tell you what Jehovah expects and wants of you, but we're not gonna force you to do it.. That has to come from your own heart.. So, if YOU choose to go against Jehovah that is YOUR CHOICE.. But, don't be surprised when JEHOVAH throws you out of his organization....!!!

Uhhh.. Did I miss anything?

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Amac.....not to beat a dead horse,but....you say the quoted policy to report to the authorities is one's 'absolute right' with no sanctions for doing so. I've read the policy a few times now and nowhere does it refer to that 'no sanctions for doing so' clause. Did I miss something?

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

"additionally, the victim may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so."

duh......no shit?............

• alamb
    alamb

Just like they say they don't shun those who walk away.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
    -- Albert Einstein

• Gozz
    Gozz
    But we do believe that we have a strong, Bible-based policy on child abuse. Anyone in a responsible position who is guilty of child abuse would be removed from his responsibilities without hesitation. We certainly would not knowingly allow him to serve elsewhere, either because he moved or through a transfer.

Emphasis mine

Liars. Liars. What about Ex-GB member Leo Greenlees?

* http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5466&site=3
    * http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5309&site=3
    * http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=28639&site=3

• SYN
    SYN

Grozz: Excellent point. Answer that, AMac!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Gozz
    Gozz
    The article said: "For the protection of our children, a man known to have been a child molester does not qualify for a responsible position in the congregation. Moreover, he cannot be a pioneer [full-time missionary of Jehovah's Witnesses] or serve in any other special, full-time service." He would not qualify Scripturally. (1 Timothy 3:2, 7-10) We take such action because we are concerned with maintaining Bible standards and protecting our children.

Wicked Hypocrites!

Meaning: The child molester is not good enough for the congregation but is good enough to preach to worldlings, Armageddon fodder. Hypocrites.

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Amac,

I think in time you will see that what you are being told here by many longtime JW's is the reality of the situation. The WTS has been spinning this yarn for many years now and they are among the best at PR and misleading statements. They have invented a language within a language. When the outside world reads this so-called "policy" they get the idea that the WTS is going in the right direction, as you suggest. But when the JW heirarchy reads it they assign a meaning to the words that is not normally understood by those not in the cult.

Maybe there will be some JW's who will use this "policy" to react on their own apart from the elders. But they will have to face up to the consequences. Everytime the WTS bends under the pressure of it's rank and file or public opinion people get hurt. How many people had to be DF'd before it was common to allow JW's to decide for themselves whether or not to accept an organ transplant? How many people had to be DF'd before the WTS decided to back off from interfering in what goes on the bedrooms of their rank & file?

This written "policy" does not have any force. The only thing that will have force is how the R&F react over time. If the WTS sees the people walking out too fast they may back off and let people do as they please. But they won't do this on their own. If left up to them they will continue to push people around with a heavy hand. How many people will have to be DF'd before the WTS decides to stop interfering with how victims react to this crime? I'm afraid it will be many. It will be business as usual until they are forced to back off. It will be a while and this "policy" will not suddenly change how the R&F people are treated.

Is this PR statement going inthe right direction? It is too early to tell. Are the written statements about blood transfusions and voting going in the right direction? How many Witnesses feel free to make the choice to accept a transfusion acording to their own conscience? How many Witnesses freely attend on Voting day? The written statements on these subjects in the last few years has not changed the actual practice of the JW's. Why? Will it ever change? Maybe. Will these changes be attributed to the written statements which were used for good PR? I don't think so. It will all come down to what they need for survival. The only good that can come from these statements is that people may be empowered to walk away, or even face DA/DF. But for those who stay it will continue to be the controlling cult it has been and people will continue to be abused.

Amac, I don't think you were ever a JW. Am I wrong? If not, I understand why you view things as you do. Unfortunately, the WTS and JW's do not fit normal parameters for societal thought and only those who have been in that cult as true believers can truly understand their language. Believe me, they have no intention of making it any easier for victims to speak out and get help. Whatever they are doing is to cover their own butts.

Sean

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

amac does what every amac does:

Focus attention AWAY FROM THE SURVIVORS.

Same thing pedophiles do.

RATIONALIZE AND JUSTIFY THEIR BEHAVIOR

Same things pedophiles do.

MINIMIZE THE PAIN AND SUFFERING OF THE SURVIVORS.

Same things pedophiles do.

If it walks like a duck, and looks like a duck---you know the drill.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• amac
    amac

I have no interest in debating over speculation on how this statement will play out. My final statement on this matter (besides some personal replies below) is that before all of these issues were brought to the attention of the media, policies on reporting of child molesters were very ambiguous. Now, thanks to this attention, it has been clearly stated by JR Brown that no sanctions are to be in place against those who report, and in the press release that victims have the right to report these incidents to the police. I am glad that, at least, this has happened so far.

Hmmm-

You shouldn't call other people inane, when they have more experience with the "general statements" of the WTS than you.
    I was referring to myself in saying my mind is not so inane, in other words, I am not so stupid to think...etc. And I did not realize that I had stated my experience for you to make the comparison in the latter half of your statement. No offense taken, I realize it was an assumption.

Syn-

Well, big guy, there's a few things you've gotta learn about Justice, Tower Style.
    Well, big guy, your understanding was wrong on what that statement meant. I can't be bothered to explain it as it wasn't crucial to my argument.

You haven't read Orwell's 1984 yet
    I've never thought of reading 1984 as an accomplishment, I thought we all had to read it in the 5th grade. In case you missed the sarcasm, yes I have read it.

Seaken-

Amac, I don't think you were ever a JW. Am I wrong?
    Actually, I was raised as a witness and even had a stint at Bethel.

DungBeetle-
    You are obviously still in high school. Am I right in guessing that you are the leader of the high school drama program? If not you should consider it as you seem to have a knack for being melodramatic. (History note for observers: Dung likes to respond to most of my posts with some slanderous, empty-headed, sensationalized, of no value post. In this case, I have obviously taken great offense at being compared to a pedophile.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit