NEW JW POLICY POSTED!!!

by amac 67 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JT
    JT

AMAC says:

Witnesses can safely report these to the authorities and if anyone (elders or fellow witnesses) holds this against them, then they are clearly going against WT policies, and THEY are the ones sinning.
    #########

this is amazing he has equated a Corp Policy to being equal to Sinning

once again the jw see whatever the wt says as if it is what god himself has said

you got to feel sorry for folks who can see the difference between a bunch of guys sitting around a table coming up with rules that can change next week with the unchangable divine laws of god

to jw

wt speak = jah speak

• avengers
    avengers

http://www.jw-media.org/releases/default.htm?content=bg_molestation.htm

When any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. Two elders meet separately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other's presence, with the elders also there. If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time.
    Thus the WT says. The pedo walks free to roam the neighborhood.
  • amac
    amac

JT -
    For the love of God, I'll assume that you have the ability to think outside of the "apostate" mindset, if you do the same and assume I can think outside of the "JW" mindset.

I do not personally equate anything the WT says with what God says...in fact, I don't even take what the Bible says as what God says. So spare me the judgements.

I was trying to make a point of how this new policy can be used by the average witness. They usually equate WT speak with indirect guidance from Jah. So if the policy says "reporting is A-OK" and an elder goes against that, an average JW has something to back them up that the elder is sinning in trying to punish them.

AlanF/jukieF -
    I agree with your post, but to me that is an entirely different subject, that of a criticism of the WT policies of control. In a strict interest of protecting children (which is what some on this board claim is their only agenda, despite Path's truthful observation)I stand behind my statement that this policy clarification is a step in the right direction. In line with what you have pointed out. It is much harder to perpetuate an unwritten/oral law when there is a written law against it. My mind is not so inane as to think this general written statement is circumspect. BUT AS A GENERAL RULE, THIS WILL HELP.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

amac, this 'new' policy can be used by the average JW to promptly get himself disfellowshiped.

We will know if Watchtower means what it says. If the Pandelos and Barb Anderson and Bill Bowen do NOT eventually get and remain disfellowshiped, then Watchtower means what it says in good faith.

I think we both know what is going to happen.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• outnfree
    outnfree

You know what, amac?

I was happy to see this statement, too. I think you are right that SOME JW's will trot it out to use as a club against the elders when the elders mark them in some way for being troublemakers! The victimized JW will say, "But see? I have an 'absolute right' to report Elder XYZ as my molester. The Society says so!" And the elders will stop inviting that untheocratic complainer/murmerer to comment at meetings, to work with the visiting CO when he visits, to social events, etc. And the entire congregation will "know" that it is still NOT okay to 'bring reproach on Jehovah's organization' -- no matter what that letter read aloud and put up on the bulletin board for a couple of weeks back in 2002 said!!!

At least that's how I see this scenario playing out. Would that I were wrong!

outnfree

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

amac,

I was trying to make a point of how this new policy can be used by the average witness. They usually equate WT speak with indirect guidance from Jah. So if the policy says "reporting is A-OK" and an elder goes against that, an average JW has something to back them up that the elder is sinning in trying to punish them.
    I suspect that you have NO experience with WT-style "justice", which is a good thing. However, that allows you to make statements like the above, which simply have no connection to reality. This policy was put up as a PR move for the consumption of the general public. If this turned out NOT to be the case, it would be a first in the history of the WT, methinks.

Let's assume that Joe Publisher's daughter is abused by Mike MS in the congregation. Joe goes to the elders and reports him. The elders say there were not two witnesses, thus there is nothing they can do. Joe understands that, and announces his intention to go to the police. The elders tell him not to. He says that official WT policy allows him to go to the police. If the elders are quick on the draw, they say this only applies to molesters that have been proven guilty in a judicial committee. If they're not prepared, they just say, "Don't go to the police, OR ELSE...."

Now Joe Publisher may have the words on a web site ostensibly on his side. But the end result is the same. He will be DFd for slander and/or causing divisions in the congregation.

Will this scene play out EVERY time? No. You'll ocassionally get a group of brave elders, willing to buck the oral instructions they received from the CO.

If this policy helps even one victim get justice, I think most would call it a step in the right direction. But most on this thread are more familiar with the WTs history of redefining words, and their notion that "persecution" justifies any degree of deceit, and they want to make that clear.

I agree with your post, but to me that is an entirely different subject, that of a criticism of the WT policies of control. In a strict interest of protecting children (which is what some on this board claim is their only agenda, despite Path's truthful observation)
    So Path's truthful observation is that the SOME who claim this as their only agenda are lying? That means that NONE have it as their only agenda? Are you sure you want to put those words in Paths mouth? (This ignores the fact that all this talk of "agendas" with diabalical undertones is silly. EVERYBODY has an agenda.)

SOME on this board may not care about the children at all; they just want to hurt the WT. SOME only care about the children, and if hurting the WT is the only way to help the children, so be it. I suspect that most fall in the middle.

Hurting the WT is not my reason for being on this board. I come here for fellowship with people who know the crazy things I've seen and been through. I think the WT is dangerous for MANY reasons. They destroy lives through their policies of blood, neutrality, abuse, and others. If the media in focusing on abuse right now, is it WRONG for people interested in getting loved ones out of this dangerous cult, or preventing others from joining, to point out the horrible policies the WT has in place?

I stand behind my statement that this policy clarification is a step in the right direction. In line with what you have pointed out. It is much harder to perpetuate an unwritten/oral law when there is a written law against it. My mind is not so inane as to think this general written statement is circumspect. BUT AS A GENERAL RULE, THIS WILL HELP.
    You shouldn't call other people inane, when they have more experience with the "general statements" of the WTS than you. The fact that so many are skeptical of this vague statement should clue you in that there is a pattern and history of this kind of obfuscation.

As a general rule, this could help... unless it takes the focus off the WT and they don't make any real changes. Then it would hurt. Open yourself up to that possibility.

Hmmm

• SYN
    SYN

AMac says: My mind is not so inane as to think this general written statement is circumspect.

I'm going with what I think that meant, and that is that you think there's nothing wrong with the Society's "statement". Well, big guy, there's a few things you've gotta learn about Justice, Tower Style.

Position on Child Molestation

Child abuse is abhorrent to us. This is in harmony with the principle recorded at Romans 12:9. Even one abused child is one too many. For decades The Watchtower and Awake! have featured articles to educate both Witnesses and the public regarding the importance and need to protect children from child abuse. Among others, there was the article "Let Us Abhor What Is Wicked!" published in the January 1, 1997, issue of The Watchtower ; "Help for the Victims of Incest" in the October 1, 1983, Watchtower; "Your Child Is in Danger!", "How Can We Protect Our Children?", and "Prevention in the Home", all in the October 8, 1993, Awake!, as well as "Child Molesting—Every Mother's Nightmare" in the January 22, 1985, Awake!
    There's written laws, baby, and then there's the "unwritten" laws, which are far, far more powerful and subtle. AMac, if you've never been a Dub, you wouldn't understand. It's like taking someone else's food at the dinner table - there's no written law against it, but that person will sure as hell slap your ass if you TRY!

When any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate.
    Remember that thing where the Society ordered all the now-mature Dubs not to attend college? That is the primary reason why 90% of Elders are nowhere near qualified enough to deal with this sort of thing.

Two elders meet separately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other's presence, with the elders also there.
    OH LOVELY! Not only does the kid get molested, she has to describe exactly how the person did it in front of him AND the Elders! Can anyone blame them for clamming up in a situation like that! DELIGHTFUL EH?

If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time.
    THIS IS THE KEY SENTENCE DUDE! Read that over and over again until it becomes perfectly clear to you how damned Evil this BOrganization IS!

Why not? As a Bible-based organization, we must adhere to what the Scriptures say, namely, "No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin . . . at the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good." (Deuteronomy 19:15)
    ROFL, I love the way these d00Dz selectively apply different Bible teachings. They don't apply the sacrificial animal teachings set forth in Deuteronomy, do they? I wonder why? It's a crock, THAT'S WHY!

Jesus reaffirmed this principle as recorded at Matthew 18:15-17. *COUGH* he said "Love your neighbour". Whatever, Tower.

However, if two persons are witnesses to separate incidents of the same kind of wrongdoing, their testimony may be deemed sufficient to take action.
    WOW! They are so righteous and stuff!

However, even if the elders cannot take congregational action, they are expected to report the allegation to the branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses in their country, if local privacy laws permit. In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities.
    MAY MAY MAY! I love the amount of times you can see the word MAY in the previous paragraph! LOL! Loophole after bloody loophole...

If so, we expect the elders to comply.
    Hehe, I'm glad I'm not an Elder. "We expect them to COMPLY!" No leeway, dude, you must comply. End of story. That or die. Have a nice day now! You haven't read Orwell's 1984 yet, have you AMac? <START SARCASM> It's probably too apostately for your tastes. It describes the world after the Tower takes it over, except I don't think the GB are aliens <END SARCASM> I'm just ribbing ya, don't take offense, I think you're cool!

Additionally, the victim may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so.
    Again that damned "may" word! They use that word the way the Indian restaurant up my street uses chilli sauce! And they don't get many return visits, if you catch my drift!

If, when confronted, the accused confesses that he is guilty of child abuse, the elders take appropriate congregational action.
    Translation: Slap on the wrist. Depending on how high up in the BORG this person is of course!

If he is not repentant, he will not be permitted to remain a member of the congregation. Even if he is repentant—is cut to the heart and is thus resolutely determined to avoid such conduct in the future—what was stated in the January 1, 1997, issue of The Watchtower applies. The article said: "For the protection of our children, a man known to have been a child molester does not qualify for a responsible position in the congregation. Moreover, he cannot be a pioneer [full-time missionary of Jehovah's Witnesses] or serve in any other special, full-time service." He would not qualify Scripturally. (1 Timothy 3:2, 7-10) We take such action because we are concerned with maintaining Bible standards and protecting our children. Everyone in our organization is expected to meet the same requirements, namely, to be clean physically, mentally, morally, and spiritually.—2 Corinthians 7:1; Ephesians 4:17-19; 1 Thessalonians 2:4.
    To reach this step, he first has to be found guilty, see! By the kangaroo court!

In a few instances, individuals guilty of an act of child abuse have been appointed to positions within the congregation if their conduct has been otherwise exemplary for decades.
    "otherwise exemplary" - Another choice Tower-generated phrase! I love it! These guys are masters of spin! Apparently they were hired from the Nixon Administration! LOL!

All of the factors are considered carefully. Suppose, for example, that a long time ago a 16-year-old boy had sexual relations with a consenting 15-year-old girl.
    i.e. half the population of the entire damn world...

Depending upon the U.S. jurisdiction where he lived when this happened, elders may have been required to report this as an incident of child abuse. Let us say that 20 years have passed. The child abuse reporting law may have changed; the man may have even married the girl!
    !!!!!!!!!!!

Both have been living exemplary lives and they are respected. In such a rare case, the man could possibly be appointed to a responsible position within the congregation.
    More choice Tower phraseology - "In such a rare case"!

Our procedures have been refined over time.
    You could say that, yeah, in a way of speaking! NEW LIGHT BABY YEAH!

Over the years, as we have noted areas where our policies could be strengthened, we have followed through.
    Oh God, this must be the understatement of the month!

We are continuing to refine them.
    Yeah, they don't sell Miracle Wheat no more, such a shame...

We do not believe that our system is perfect.
    *SPLUTTER* I beg to differ! Anyone who's been a Dub knows that the Elders think their "system" is perfect!

No human organization is perfect.
    Unless guided by "God".

But we do believe that we have a strong, Bible-based policy on child abuse.
    You know that thing I said about being guided by "God"? Oh, and this is the same Bible where God blows seas open with his nostrils and kids get eaten by bears for insulting prophets, BTW! Why didn't they base their policies on Spiderman rather, at least then we'd know who the bad guy is in the DAMNED BOOK! Now, I'm starting to get really excited!

Anyone in a responsible position who is guilty of child abuse would be removed from his responsibilities without hesitation. We certainly would not knowingly allow him to serve elsewhere, either because he moved or through a transfer.
    "WHO IS GUILTY". Guess WHO determines he's guilty - yup, you got it, his buddies in the Elder Body. LOL. What a crock. Talk about a Catch-22 situation for the victim! "You evil female, you forced me to rape you by exposing more than 5 square inches of skin!"

The Bible teaches that individuals can repent of their sins and "turn to God by doing works that befit repentance," and we accept what the Bible says. (Acts 26:20)
    Yeah, "take 'em two by two" indeed!

Still, the safety of our children is of the utmost importance. We take it very seriously.
    Sigh...

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

Edited because "Damnit I left out a formatting tag"

• Imbue
    Imbue

: "Additionally, the victim may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so."

They mention nothing about how they have used the accusation of slander to silence victims. They will continue to do this with victims so nothing has changed.

Yes, they also have the right to vote and take blood transfusions. Since it's a conscience matter...LMAO this is such a lie.

Even if they don't officially DF a victim for reporting they will used the gossip mill to have the person shunned. Slanders are "bad association" don't you know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

What the Watchtower really says:

Dear brain-dead publishers:

You have relied on us, the Faithful and discreet slave CLASS <gag> <choke> to guide and protect you and relieve you of any excess money and property and children that weigh you down and prevent you from having a greater share in the preaching work and separating work---oops, strike that--.

Now apostates and opposers are accusing us of harboring pedophiles in our midst. Nothing could be further from the truth. Pedophiles are disdained and disapproved of by the general population in most developed civilations, and it is our Christian duty to welcome them and treat them as equal brothers (and/or sisters). Where else can they go? Schools, Babylon the Great, day care centeers, in fact most businesses and organizations that are child-centered have initiated programs designed to eliminate pedophiles from their midst.

To treat the survivors of pedophilia any better than the pedophiles themselves is a violation of Jesus' commands to not be a 'respecter of persons'; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; to be peaceable with all men as far as it depends on us; etc etc.

And we must not forget that God's work cannot be done by mere wishful thinking alone. It takes money to carry out our plan of world-wide conquest, a JW on every block of homes in the world. Children, the victims of pedophilia, do not contribute much in money or in labor. They do not even distribute very much literature. In fact, resources that could be better used for God's work must go to feed. clothe and educate these young persons. Therefore, consideration must be given to financial issues when handling cases of pedophilia in God's organization.

And finally, God's work cannot be done with mere women alone. We must have men to do this work, especially in positions of oversight and decision-making. If all pedophiles were removed from the congreagation, why...who would run things? The sisters? May such a situation never happen within the only organization God is using to accomplish his will (whatever THAT is).

No, dear friends, we must wait upon God to handle this legal and publicity hot potato. In the meantime, those stricken in spirit can come to the kentucky fried chicken swing shift manager ELDERS to handle all your serious medical, social, cultural, spiritual problems, especially those dealing with excess money and property.

In God's try organization, both those practicing pedophilia and those who have been victimized work together side by side to carry out the ministry in these last days. Such unity and cooperation is found no place else in this old wicked world. May it ever remain so in these last days.

Along with this letter comes our warm Christian love.

Your faithful and discreet slave.

Isn't cult originated drivel PRICELESS?

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• felix a
    felix a

One simple change of phrase by JR and the org that would solve so much of their problem in my opinion is this.

Instead of saying this: "the victim may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so."

They should say this: "All victims are encouraged and admonished to immeadiately report the matter to authorities, and that congregation elders also are encouraged to report the matter to local authorities whether state law requires them to do so or not."

I know, I know... rather idealistic. But even the slightest level of encouragement from the FDS to the average JW has the weight of law and would move many to act more quickly or to act at all on the behalf of the victims. It would also place the investigation in the hands of those who are best equipped to handle it. Namely trained professionals.

David

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible"
    Swift

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit